Question Help with system - freezes - system boots

12souza

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2012
So i have been having an issue with my system for a lil while.. Seeking some help before I go to a repair shop on pay day lol... anyway the system will boot up into windows and freeze sometimes. If it doesnt freeze, ill be good to go! I can restart the pc and all that without an issue. The issue comes when i shut down the PC.. from there, when i get back into windows it freezes. Everytime this happens, before the BIOS splash screen, the PC will reboot itself exactly 1 time. Then itll get itself back into windows and possibly freeze again. And thats just kind of been its cycle.

It seems to be less likely to freeze when it takes me to the blue repair screen before launching windows.. and usually i dont even repair anything i just hit "restart PC" and so far that usually gets me into windows without anymore freezing until i shut down my computer again. So while I can definitely just do this forever, id rather solve this obviously symptomatic issue.

Any ideas?

RTX 3080Ti
Corsair Vengeance 16x4 64GB @ 3600mhz
PSU Corsair RM1000x

Its had freeze issues with other RAM and with stock BIOS (non XMP) as well. Right now Im using the XMP profile with the voltage set at 1.39. I have also used two different PSUs of the same time.

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, kinked or pinched wires, blackening or browning, swollen components, loose or missing screws.

= = = =

Then take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error code, warning, or informational event just before or at the time of the freezes, etc..

Start with Reliability History: Much more user friendly and the timeline format may reveal some pattern to the errors.

Event Viewer can also be used but it takes a bit longer to learn to navigate and where to look for things.