Question Help with TeamViewer

mraroid

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Hello... I hope I have posted in the correct forum...

In my circle of friends, I am the default computer person. I have been using Teamviewer for well over 10 years. A while back ( 6 months, maybe longer?) I fond out that I had to register myself at the TeamViewer web site to access my friends computers to fix them or help them. They did not have to register if I was the one that was team viewing into them. Only I had to register. So I registered myself with teamviewer and all went well. Then today, I could not connect to my friend. I got a pop up that said I needed to install an update at my end. So I did that. Then I was unable to connect.

Is Teamviewer not free for home use any more? And if so, is some other software free that I an use?

When all this registration stuff started happening, I could log into my friends computers, but then it would drop me in something like 5 minutes, and then I had to wait for 15 minutes until I could log in again just to be dropped again in about another 5 minutes.

Most of my friends are like me - old! I am 74 and while I have somewhat been able to keep up a bit with hardware and software, my friends have not. So simple things need to be fixed. And unlike 20 years ago, maybe have moved out of state now so it is not like I can drive over to visit them to fix some computer issue they are having.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Many thanks,

mraroid