Bobsen

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hi all,
I really need some help. After experiencing several traumatic failures (the whole system shuts down as if the power

plug had been pulled out), my machine just quit.

It was a home built, ASUS P6X58D Premium (latest bios 1505), with 24 gigs 1600 ram (DDR3 1600MHz(3x4) Dominator

Corsair), a EVGA GTX 580 vid card, an intel ssd and two 1 terrabyte hard drives. The PSU was a Corsair TX 950 watt

PSU. An ANTEC P182 case.I was running Win 7 64 bit Professional.

I determined the psu was at fault and when I unplugged the 24 pin socket from the motherboard I could see that two

pins had melted both on the psu cables and motherboard (the two next to the last).

I bought a new PSU and a replacement motherboard (same as the other one,ASUS P6X58D Premium as to make things

easier than completely reinstalling everything).

But after installing the motherboard and psu I cannot get it to start. No fans, although the lights on led on the

motherboard light up, nothing. Thinking I was cursed I tried another PSU but no luck, same story although the LED on

the back of the PSU flashed green then amber and then red but still did nothing.

What is going on? Do I need a new CPU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers,
Bobsen

mrhearnden

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
i had a similar problem with mine, i just changed the PSU and mobo and everything worked ok :/ i dont think its a CPU problem, could be a problem with the rails on the PSU ;)