shaydim

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2003
I have an old computer I reassembled with left over parts.

No-name Mobo with the ALI Aladdin 2 pro chipset (Pentium 2-300/66mhz)
It has a 2x agp slot. I threw in my old Gforce2GTS. I installed Windows XP professional.

Heres the problem. Xp recognizes the card, says what it is, I installed the drivers for it. The drivers arent working and xp is using the 800x600 default drivers. When I go to the device manager here is what I see:

Device type: Display Adapter
Manufacturer: Nvidia

This device cannot start [code 10]

When I go to the resourse tab it says "This device isnt using any resources because it has a problem"

I used this card till last week in my other computer and it runs fine. I found some ALI 4 in 1 drivers that I installed. Is it possible XP just doesnt work with my Mobo? It is quite old, I can install ME I guess. Anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

thanks

melvin13

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
I doubt that its an OS problem, more like a configuration issue. try to find out who makes the motherboard. Open the pc up and look around the board for it. People would probably be able to help you better if they know what they are dealing with, as "no name" doesnt help a whole lot.

You might have to change someting in your BIOS for the video options, if the borad is that old. What was this board used in before? Was it using an AGP card before? details, details.....

I'm going out on a limb here with the limited info provided. As always you can always hit google.com and do a search with your particular problem. I have found a lot of answers using google.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Alright....so heres what u gotta do...go into your BIOS...look for a setting called "VGA Use IRQ" or something similar to that...it'll definently say IRQ and VGA in the same sentence...make sure its set to ENABLED or YES or ON......whatever it is..........and TA DA...it'll work....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>