[SOLVED] Help with Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2021
I recently bought a few things to make a new pc, a ryzen 5 5600X, Asus B450M Gaming Plus II and 16 (2x8) DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance. I upgraded from a A10, and Asrock A320M-HDV, 8 gbs DDR4 2400, a Sapphire Radeon RX 570 and a Sentey Metalblade 750w 80 plus bronze. The thing is, when I put everything together (Ryze, gpu, b450, psu and ram) the gpu wont start, not even the fans, so I dont know if there's other problems because I cant get to POST. When I move back the gpu to the older machine, it starts perfectly fine. I dont know what else to try, as A10 and Ryzen cant be tested on the newer and older boards, respectively. I've ran out of ideas. Help me Obi Wan.

Solution
The board is brand new, couldnt even get to post, so no idea there. It's listed as native support of the Ryzen 5000 series, both on Asus and AMD support lists
It wont post without the update. Yes it will support the 5600X but with the update, no B450 board will support a 5000 series cpu straight out of the box.
Sep 12, 2021
I imagine your motherboard would of needed a BIOS update to run the 5600X, (version 2409) luckily your board has BIOS Flashback, did you update it?

The board is brand new, couldnt even get to post, so no idea there. It's listed as native support of the Ryzen 5000 series, both on Asus and AMD support lists

Sep 12, 2021
When you do the update, just make sure you follow the instruction to ''Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

I have nothing else to try before RMA the thing. Thank You! I'll try tomorrow, 3 AM here right now. But i'll be telling you how it went un a few hours

Reactions: kurdtnz
I see that 2409 is not the latest firmware. Should I go for the 2409 or install the lastest one?
True, 2409 was the first update to support the 5600X. I think you should be ok to update to the latest, (as on some boards there is a specific way where you have to update each BIOS in sequence but with yours, apart from having to change the name of the file, there are no other instructions.) But please wait for someone more experienced to comment before you do anything. Good luck!

Reactions: Mugabi
Sep 12, 2021
True, 2409 was the first update to support the 5600X. I think you should be ok to update to the latest, (as on some boards there is a specific way where you have to update each BIOS in sequence but with yours, apart from having to change the name of the file, there are no other instructions.) But please wait for someone more experienced to comment before you do anything. Good luck!

I LOVE YOU. IT FRIGGIN WORKED... If I could, I'd buy you a beer. Or ten.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Status
Not open for further replies.