[SOLVED] Help with TT Trio 120mm fans and case fans on ROG z390e

Feb 3, 2020
Hello,

I am new on PC. I please help me to resolve my problem. I posted on many forums but no one even replied to my post :(

So I have Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB edition case that came with 3 Riing 140mm LED RGB fans and a controller. And I also purchased 6 Riing Trio 120mm fans that come with two controllers. I will use all 6 trio fans and use just one of case fans as exhaust fan. Also will use Kraken x72 fans.. How can I make them work? My motherboard is Asus z390e gaming. And my PSU is Thermaltake Toughpower grand gold 850w if that helps.

Am I going to use all three controllers? Cuz I can't use trio fans on case fans controller and also can't use case fans on trio fans controller. What should I do?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you want to have only one controller physically connected to the motherboard, you can use the bridge cable(as shown in your component's manual), item D, to daisy chain the other two controllers. I'm not sure about the fan that comes with the case as the connector seems to be proprietary for the Trio fans.

If you plan to have the Trio fans on the AIO, that would not be a good idea. If anything you should've stuck with NZXT's ecosystem and gotten their AER fans to pair with their controller.

Lutfij

Titan

If you want to have only one controller physically connected to the motherboard, you can use the bridge cable(as shown in your component's manual), item D, to daisy chain the other two controllers. I'm not sure about the fan that comes with the case as the connector seems to be proprietary for the Trio fans.

If you plan to have the Trio fans on the AIO, that would not be a good idea. If anything you should've stuck with NZXT's ecosystem and gotten their AER fans to pair with their controller.

Reactions: Rai Rainbow
Solution
Feb 3, 2020

Omg finally someone answered one of many posts I shared on different forums.. I am happy really, thank you sir Lutfij for your reply <3

1st: Unfortunately, if I use just one controller, there will be a fan left! As the controller came with trio can plug up to 5 trio fans and I have 6 fans.

Can I plug the 6th fan to motherboard (Asus z390e gaming)? Or if I want to have two trio controllers plugged. What port should I use?

2nd) The fans that came with case are called Riing 14 RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition and their controller came with the case.

Also, I am not going use other fans with my Kraken x72. I will use fans came with it.