Question Help with UEFI/Legacy mode on laptop

Jan 21, 2021
I heave a laptop from a friend, to be more exact Acer Aspire 3 a315-21g-45q2. AMD with a hdd wdc wd5000LPCX 21VHAT0, video card radeon 520 with 2gb dedicated + 4gb ram and i was asked to fix some problems and install windows 10 on it.

First i checked bios and found out that the HDD its not detected if i set uefi mode, only on Legacy, but if i try to install windows 10 on legacy it shows the logo and after that restarts.

So i was thinking to change from cmd the hdd mode from legacy to uefi maybe it works like that, is it safe to try it or not ? I never tested it and if it does not work i don't wan't to have to pay for changes to get laptop repaired. What do you guys think?

UEFI runs with a GPT formatted disk, Legacy/CSM runs with NTFS formatted disk. How did you install windows?
How are you installing, usb drive?
set to boot from USB - get the installer from Microsoft (many threads on how to do it here) Install windows, your choice then set bios to your choice.
Note UEFI formatted disk will run in CSM/Legacy mode.

Jan 21, 2021
UEFI runs with a GPT formatted disk, Legacy/CSM runs with NTFS formatted disk. How did you install windows?
How are you installing, usb drive?
set to boot from USB - get the installer from Microsoft (many threads on how to do it here) Install windows, your choice then set bios to your choice.
Note UEFI formatted disk will run in CSM/Legacy mode.
I make the bootable USB with rufus and i know how to make a windows usb the right way but the problem was that it accepts windows 7 to install but not windows 10 i did try on legacy mode usb and hdd(bios) but if i try to change from legacy to UEFI it does not read the hard drive anymore so its clear that i cant install it on uefi, and on legacy it starts to boot but right after windows 10 logo that shows up after i select to boot from usb it restarts and it does not allow me to start installation, i dont get any error or something close to it...

TRENDING THREADS