Help with understanding windows/ making sure computer is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

skittlewarrior17

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
I am currently looking at a pc that has an i7 980 (not 980x), an AMD 280x gpu, 8gb RAM, and 1 TB hdd. It is listed at 550$, but it says in the desc: "Windows 10 is installed but it comes unactivated. so you will have to either buy a licence or live with the watermark." I'm ok with dealing with a watermark, but will I have the full version of Windows 10? And will I have this watermark while in fullscreen? If you don't know anything that is fine, any feedback is appreciated. I will be using this pc for mostly minecraft and editing, would this be a good computer for it? Thanks!

Solution
$550 for those parts sounds like quite the deal and the parts are more than good enough for minecraft.

I have an activated copy of win10 so I don't know what an un-activated copy is like, but for an un-activated win8 or win7 it would throw a pop up in your face every once in a while saying your copy is unauthenticated or something like that.

Alternatively, if you have a copy of windows 7 or 8 that you can install on this new computer, windows is giving a free upgrade to windows 10.

UniversalExport

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
$550 for those parts sounds like quite the deal and the parts are more than good enough for minecraft.

I have an activated copy of win10 so I don't know what an un-activated copy is like, but for an un-activated win8 or win7 it would throw a pop up in your face every once in a while saying your copy is unauthenticated or something like that.

Alternatively, if you have a copy of windows 7 or 8 that you can install on this new computer, windows is giving a free upgrade to windows 10.

Solution

skittlewarrior17

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015

I don't, unless you can somehow transfer a current copy onto a different pc.. I've heard of USB windows installing, but i'm pretty sure that with a new copy. I don't mind a pop up that happens occasionally. Thanks for the feedback :D

Status
Not open for further replies.