Help with upgrade decision

FraserNZL

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Hi guys. I'm new here but have been coming here for advice for a wee while now. My reason for posting is I have a bit of spare cash atm and am looking to upgrade.

Currently my specs are:
i5 4670k (never oced)
Asrock extreme 4 mobile
16gb corsair vengeance ddr3 2400mhz
Asus strix 970

Looking to upgrade to
I5 6600k
Asus rog VIII hero mobile
Ddr4 sdram

Now I can't afford all that and a asus strix 1070 so it's either system upgrade or gpu.
Anyou advice would be much appreciated.

I mostly play DCS, Armay 3, Warthunder and il2 series

Solution
If you are looking for more performance in games, upgrading the cpu will give you maybe +5fps. So upgrade to a 1070. A 4670k is a pretty capable chip, and will be just fine for a few more years in games. Maybe dial in a small overclock if you have a somewhat decent cooler, higher clocks speeds is very significant in games, and even giving a 300mhz overclock will show you a difference.

Ethanh100

Honorable
If you are looking for more performance in games, upgrading the cpu will give you maybe +5fps. So upgrade to a 1070. A 4670k is a pretty capable chip, and will be just fine for a few more years in games. Maybe dial in a small overclock if you have a somewhat decent cooler, higher clocks speeds is very significant in games, and even giving a 300mhz overclock will show you a difference.

Solution

FraserNZL

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Ok thanks man yea I have a cooler but am looking at getting a liquid cooler to replace my current one. I may get a mate to look at overlooking my cpu. I have heard that my chip runs really well at 4.0ghz