Help with upgrading my current system! Please :D

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
Hello :D I would EXTREMELY!! Appreciate any people who come by here to read and help me get the stuff I need..

Here are my PC specs:
Monitor: BenQ RL2755HM
Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen3 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme4%20Gen3/index.asp?cat= <-- here's the link for it
Processor: Intel i7 2600k CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 6850 (this is what I need to upgrade I feel)
Ram: 4GB DDR2 I think (this is what I need to upgrade I feel)
Case/Desktop: Corsair Graphite Series™ 600T Mid-Tower Case

Please inform me of your opinions.. But in my opinion, I feel the only things I need to upgrade are the Graphics card.. and the Ram.. I feel they are what's pulling me down.. my monitor is new, I just got it like a month ago. I'm thinking of getting either the Nvidia GTX 980 or an Nvidia Titan X or Z.. I'm REALLY willing to spend on the graphics card.. and RAM ain't expensive anyway, so PLEASE let me know which is the best ram that will SUPPORT my motherboard.. and I think my motherboard can equip any GRAPHICS card right??? I don't really have a budget.. I just want to know if getting a really expensive one like the Titan is worth it.. or is going with the half-priced GTX 980 is better.. because u know titan is double the price of a gtx. And please give me the best Ram that supports my motherboard .. I'm guessing a 16gb DDR3? I don't think my motherboard can get DDR4, it's some years old.

Let me know what to get.. with links to the website too if you can.. I prefer using amazon US or Ebay. Thanks a lot really! :D So hyped for the responses!

Solution
Your ram is DDR3, DDR2 isn't supported on your motherboard and neither so DDR4.

What is your power supply? That's another vital component.

Titan-Z/X is a waste of money, and isn't worth nowhere near it's cost. If you want that kind of performance (well actually better) you crossfire cards like the R9 390. I'd be more looking into the GTX 970, it's a prime performer for games maxed out at 1080p for the price.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

your specs are still very good for gaming, like it was posted above impossible for your ram to be ddr2.

if you have only 4gb of ram it would be good to get a matching stick and up it to 8gb total.

also we would need to know the make and model of your power supply

A good 500w or better power supply is all you would need + a gtx 970 to gain a HUGE boost in gaming prowess.

Or if you would like to go all out: gtx 980 ti + 550w or better power supply.

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

Umm.. I opened my Corsair case.. from both sides.. and trying to find out the power supply.. how can I find it?! Please help me. And yea I guess I got DDR3. You don't want me to go with 16 gb ram?? Mad Max is really using a lot of ram.. from what their minimum requirements and maximum are.. First time I see a game that requires 4 gb for minimum! xD or was it 8 minimum?!

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

there will be a sticker on the psu with its specs, or you can take a picture of your pc with its side open and upload it on imgur and post back with a link

4gb minimum, 8gb is the sweet spot for gaming. 16gb is for rendering or working on things like photoshop.

if you do things like that then sure, 16gb would be good

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

Umm, I see a sticker on the back of the case, says Teapo XG - VS something like that.. and 250v | 275v - GPF does that mean it's 525watts?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

600w_sticker_1280.jpg

the sticker should look something like this, the power supply will be a box with cables going to different places inside your pc case

bottom left in this picture:

900x900px-LL-90a9ab0e_P1010940.jpeg

corsair AX 750 is the power supply

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

Here they are..
Sd9KIzK,LPNoo8D

Sd9KIzK,LPNoo8D

and thanks for always replying quickly and thanks to everyone's help! So this is it eh?!

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

I did look there man.. it doesn't show shit.. just a black box, with like no labels.. other than a veryyy small one that's kinda hidden. Now I'm starting to believe like what that guy posted above us said.. "Teapo is Cheapo" because it does say Teapo on the label that I showed you in the picture.. and like I said it shows 250V - 275 V .. does that mean 525W?? Your PSU has a HUGE LABEL LOL, I would NOT miss that label if mine was like that!!

Maybe I'll go with a new power supply also.. But I wanna still make sure how much WATTS I have.. and I do want to go with a very strong GPU.. you can say.. Budget aint an issue.. but I'm all about stuff that's WORTH IT and not overpriced.. with just SLIGHTLY better performance.. even though I can get the Titans.. X or Z.. if you guys say it ain't worth it.. then fk it. Anyway, I'll take another picture for u from the side, and try to show u the label too.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

yes, most likely you will need a new power supply if it has teapo components.

But I am a cheap bastard and hate to spend money if it isnt necessary

Based on what you said, I recommend a new gpu + psu:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487142&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=107146&vpn=220-GS-0650-V1&manufacture=eVGA

980 ti has great performance for the money, right now it's top dog for a gaming setup

go with this gpu, gtx 970 and lower the psu to the same model but in 550w if you feel you need to step back price wise. Still light years faster then what you currently have, damn impressive 1080p gaming performance

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=102345&vpn=STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1413

Solution

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

Here are the images:
M0XwVgR,fi6MTxC,1muu5rw

M0XwVgR,fi6MTxC,1muu5rw

M0XwVgR,fi6MTxC,1muu5rw

See? Doesn't say shit.. I really am starting to feel like this might be a cheap PSU..

Anyway, I'm 100% gonna go with an Nvidia 980 GTX Ti.. I searched about it, and it definitely seems to be the best for the buck BY FAR, if you're gonna spend money that is. So what PSU do I need? I mean what uses the most power.. is it the GPU that uses the most? I don't mind spending on the PSU if it's really good and won't fry my new shit. Also, please tell me what RAM to get.. if you can link me that is.

Just need those 2, a really good PSU (I saw the one you linked which is 650 watt, you sure that's more than enough for my rig? Or should I get in the 750s?) , and Ram. Link me them please :D THANKS A LOT

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

650w is more than enough, that is a QUALITY unit.

looks like you have a nice cpu cooler as well, you could easily overclock your cpu down the line and gain even more performance if you ever need to.

get some canned air and blow the dust out, especially around the fans and cooler fins.

hold the fans in place when you do clean them out dont let the canned air spin them.

as far as ram is concerned, turn off the computer and pull out the ram stick you have.

write down the model number and buy another stick

for a total of 8gb and you will have a damn nice monster rig.

this video is old, but the process is the same even for today's computer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLa0E7XzP0k

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

Thanks a lot for replying man and your willingness to help!! I really appreciate it :D !

Umm, but I checked both PSUs that you guys recommended, and I noticed it's only like 10 dollars difference between your 550, and his 650.. so I think I'll go with the 650watt.. just in case, because it's just a measly 10 dollars.

Thanks again though for replying a couple of times ^^!

Oh and It definitely looks like I'll go with the RAM you wrote for me :D! they look really good and their reviews are like all 5 stars.

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

These are the items I will go with, from Newegg, I want to order everything from one site.. to minimize the shipping costs. I don't live in the US, I live in Bahrain.. I'm arabian, so I have to order them and ship them all the way here, it's better if they're all in a single package.

Anyway here they are:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487142&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438048&cm_re=EVGA_SuperNOVA_650_GS_80_Plus-_-17-438-048-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231628

Still not sure if I should get the ram because it's 8x2 which is 16gb.. or if I should check my stick and other the same one..
Ram can't be upgraded unless it's the same exact model as what you have eh? Just like SLI / crossfire gfx cards?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

its best if they are the same ram sticks yes, if they are different it can cause issues

8gb is enough for gaming, so 4gb sticks times two is best bang for buck

but 16gb is nice if you also want to do rendering or photoshop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445&cm_re=G.SKILL-_-20-231-445-_-Product

Different ram types will only work together if it has the same speed/timings/voltages ect (sizes can be different), which it's a gamble when doing so. Getting another one of your current modules would be the most logical decision, and also the cheapest.

The parts you have listed are also good choices.

wormio

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015

By the way, do you have any program where I can communicate with you?? Skype.. or Steam??? anythinggg, facebook? haha :p Please let me know, I prefer it then talking here, because I can send images faster and etc. Thanks!