Nov 18, 2020
Hello,

I've had a pre-built HP Omen 880-p0xx PC for about 2-3 years, and I would like to upgrade.
I'm fairly unknowledgeable so I need help if some good soul here would be kind enough to help me.
I have a budget of around 15000 Swedish crowns which would be equivalent to around 1500 dollars give or take. I would like to upgrade to AMD 3900x processor and 3080 rtx, but I'm not sure what motherboard I would need, if my power supply is strong enough, if I have enough RAM to run it. This is the motherboard I was thinking about ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING.
Also, the specs don't show the power supply, but I think it's only 450W.

If for some reason the specs link doesn't work I'll just write it down here too:

GE FORCE GTX 1080
Intel core i7 7700, 3.6GHz
31.94GB RAM
SMBIOS Version 3.0
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 8307
BaseBoard Version 1.0

If you need anything else I'll try to find it as soon as possible.

I know it's kind of a lot, I'm just that uncertain, it's a considerable amount of money for me, so I want to be as sure as possible it's a smooth sailing if that's even a saying.

I will send a link with a picture of what I found as my PC specs.

This is the specs I found

Anyway, thank you to anyone who even took the time to read all this, and hopefully some of you will even help. Thank you!

Edit: I managed to find the link for my order in my email, and it actually shows all the specs you should need to see. https://www.alza.cz/omen-by-hp-880-001nc?dq=5077197 The site is in Czech but if you scroll down and click Parametry next to the little house icon, it's all there.

Last edited:
Solution
For 3080 you'll need a good quality 750W PSU at least (Try RM750x). And I'd suggest use B550 for Pcie 4.0, and I would suggest look into the 5800X/5900x. The RAM isn't fast, but you can still reuse it - maybe replace it later.
Nov 18, 2020
For 3080 you'll need a good quality 750W PSU at least (Try RM750x). And I'd suggest use B550 for Pcie 4.0, and I would suggest look into the 5800X/5900x. The RAM isn't fast, but you can still reuse it - maybe replace it later.
Thank you so much, very helpful. So I pretty much need a good at least 750W PSU to support the GPU and make sure the motherboard is compatible with the CPU. Other than that I should be able to reuse everything else from my old PC if I understand it right.
I will definitely keep an eye on the prices during Black Friday and see where it takes me, originally I didn't take into account the PSU, which I don't want to cheap out on, so 5900x will probably be out of my price range, but maybe I'll get a good deal on Black Friday and be able to get it.

Again, thank you! This helped me a lot.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt