Question Help with upgrading PC for gaming :)

El_Torrente94

Prominent
Jun 7, 2020
Hello,
I plan to upgrade my pc since. Currently I have fx 6300 and r9 270x 8gb ram.

Since I have to buy new MB and ram probably new psu, I will first buy that and later in year will take new gpu, hopefully new gpu from amd or nvidia will come out by then. So little help with choosing.

Games I play and games I would to max out on 1440p are Total War games, games like mount and blade, dragon age, witcher, etc, grand strategy games (like crusader Kings and similar). Also would play casually CS GO, Cod ww2, battlefield etc, and would like to be able play cyberpunk.

I was thinking of buying ryzen 3300x? Is it enough or go for 3600x? In my country they are more expensive then in the others, 3300x is like 140€ and 3600x goes from 250€ and more :/

And for MB will MSI tomahawk max be a good choice?
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
You should be fine with either but I'd settle with an R5 3600x and pair that with a RTX 2070 Super for the sort of resolution you want to play. Where are you located?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

so we can move forward with suggestions but please keep in mind that due to this pandemic, a lot of things can be priced higher towards the end of this year or probably the world get's back in order and prices get back down.