[SOLVED] Help with virus / rat

May 24, 2020
Downloaded something for a game on a forum (DLL that I injected into my game) and now my pc is acting weird.

I ran a malwarebytes scan and deleted everything it detected. I tried opening google chrome to download an antivirus to try to get rid of it but my chrome wouldn’t load any webpages. This was the same for firefox and any other browser, almost like a virus was blocking me from using browsers. It wasn’t an internet problem as I was still able to use Discord to message my friends and call them.

I did everything I could without using chrome and then restarted my pc like malwarebytes said, now after it loaded the windows logo the screen goes black. Not completely black like it’s off, but Black with a tint of blue that makes it obvious the screen is on. What do i do?

EDIT: Forgot to add that I had an old avast antivirus installer in my downloads that i tried running and installing, but it just got stuck at 90% while installing

Solution
All the AV and antimalware hasn't worked?

This is when you recover from the full system backup you made before the infection happened.

Or, a full wipe and reinstall.
Sometimes, nuking from orbit is the only way to be sure.

USAFRet

Titan
All the AV and antimalware hasn't worked?

This is when you recover from the full system backup you made before the infection happened.

Or, a full wipe and reinstall.
Sometimes, nuking from orbit is the only way to be sure.

Solution
May 24, 2020
Just restarted again and got it to start up

I ran the avast antivirus installer again and even went on chrome to get a second one incase, but mid installation my internet on my PC turned off and when i try to reconnect it says “Can’t connect to this network.” It’s like the virus is doing everything it can to stop me from getting rid of it

Ralston18

Titan
"Downloaded something for a game on a forum (DLL that I injected into my game)"

Questions:

What was that "something"? What source forum? What DLL? What was the DLL supposed to do? What game?

That information may prove helpful (i.e. identify the virus) and/or at least let other people know to avoid the source forum and download.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Just restarted again and got it to start up

I ran the avast antivirus installer again and even went on chrome to get a second one incase, but mid installation my internet on my PC turned off and when i try to reconnect it says “Can’t connect to this network.” It’s like the virus is doing everything it can to stop me from getting rid of it
Of course, it's obvious that viruses are designed to their best to prevent user from removing it.
I also think it's for best if you would do clean Windows install.

Nuke and pave....!

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure"
Corporal Hicks, Colonial Marines

(Next time only download things from known /trusted sources; stuff offered by random game'game servers' obviously do not always qualify)