[SOLVED] help with VRM Temps

MikeC24

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Hello everyone , i have been having alot of frame drops and the only thing i can see are these temps on hwinfo VR VCC temperature are these vrms?
might this be causing the drops ? because everytime i get drops the temp on that raises by 1 or 2 and then jumps back down , normally it is at 66 idle when gaming it jumps from 66 to 67 ,68 degrees
if anyone can help me i would be very apreciated temps are on the image bellow , thank you

View: https://imgur.com/a/i0ixSGe

PC SPECS :
► CPU :
i7 8700 k normally OCd at 4.5 ghz now i went to 4.0 to see if it made a diference it did not
►GPU: GTX 1080 8GB Non OC
MB: ASUS Prime z370-p
RAM: Gskill RIpjaws v 2500 MHz
PSU: Thermaltake Berlin 80+ 630w

Solution
Power semiconductors are typically rated for 150-175C and VRMs typically do not push them anywhere near SOA limits for efficiency reasons anyway, so I wouldn't worry about VRM temperature until 100C or so.

If you are using liquid cooling, then there is no fan moving air around the VRM area. May want to put something there if VRM temperature is really bothering you.

InvalidError

Titan
Power semiconductors are typically rated for 150-175C and VRMs typically do not push them anywhere near SOA limits for efficiency reasons anyway, so I wouldn't worry about VRM temperature until 100C or so.

If you are using liquid cooling, then there is no fan moving air around the VRM area. May want to put something there if VRM temperature is really bothering you.

Solution