• Gaming PC

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nhogan20

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Can someone help me out, I'm currently a student in college and I am not fully sure as what i should do computer wise. I've had my Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display for a year now and I am happy with the performance and everything, yet i want to play PC games and have a high powered desktop. Can someone guide me in the right direction on what to do regards to choosing if i should build a PC or sell my mac and get a PC. I have the money to fund a PC while keeping my Mac. I just don't want to make the wrong choice because i will enjoy both.

*Note* I want to play games with high fps such as Arma III, DayZ, Rust, H1Z1 etc... your typical MMO's and life-mods

oxiide

Distinguished

Some of those games don't even have Mac OS-native versions, so you'd have to run them in Windows even on a Mac.

The bigger issue here is that even the highest-end $1,500 iMac still only has a laptop-grade GTX 750M GPU which will struggle pretty badly with gaming at its 1080p resolution. The others have bottom-of-the-barrel integrated Intel video. In order to even get a proper, discrete desktop video card you'd have to have a Mac Pro starting at $3,000, and even those appear to have only professional rendering cards unsuited for gaming.

I know how partisan and hyperbolic this sounds, but objectively I don't see any reason to buy an Apple desktop at all. The only reason I can think of that might exist is if there is some software package you need that only runs in Mac OSX, but otherwise you're paying more for basically nothing.

Nhogan20

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
is there any way you can build me a gaming pc for MAX 950 with a good graphics card and at least 1TB of memory and an SSD. I am looking to play games such as ARMA III, DayZ, CS GO, RUST, PAYDAY 2, etc... your well known MMO'S and such. Thank You! (P.S. I would like a Smaller tower or one that lights up with LED lighting.)

danielukraine

Reputable
Jul 15, 2014
If I was in your position I would pick a PC because you are going to be gaming with it. You can either build a custom PC with awesome performance for a set X amount of money or buy a MAC for the same X amount of money and not get the same performance. In my opinion gaming on MAC is much more expensive so I would just go with a PC, by the way how much are looking to spend on a new computer? I could give you some suggestions on parts if you want.

Saimbhatti

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
As you want to use computer for gaming purpose than PC specially build for gaming purpose is best for you. Mac Book may be not much supportive for playing high end games. But I love Macbook Pro if I have I never let it go at any cost :( http://www.mega.pk/laptop/