Motherboard- asus prime z370-a
Cpu- i7 8700k
Gpu- zotac gtx 1080ti amp
Ram- g.skill trident z rgb ddr4- 3000 16 gb x2
Power- corsair rm 850x
Aio Water cooler
WD blue 1tb
Intel optane 32 gb

Computer worked fine for a year or so with xmp turned on, no problems at all. One day randomly I got a bsod it was whea uncorrectable error. I tried everything I could with the knowledge I had back then, I dissassembled and rebuilt the pc entirely, put stock setting on in the bios. Nothing worked. Kept getting whea uncorrectable error and sometimes clock watchdog error, error reports on the blue screen of death.
It sat around for almost a year untouched,
I finally got back around to messing with it.
I try getting rid of my hdd and replacing it with a new one and reinstalling windows,
Still no luck
I'm thinking its the cpu, I can get into bios & lights are on so I don't think its the motherboard, and I can see the ram in bios aswell, both fixed in the appropriate slots to my knowledge.
I try installing windows with and without gpu and no luck, but I did get further in the install process.

I finally take it to a place called intrex computers and they diagnosed my pc and all parts for $50, they ruled it was my cpu, claiming they took my cpu out and put one they use for testing in and had no problems. Said both my hdds I have were good, the old replaced one I though was the original issue and the new one.

I get my cpu home and still want to tinker with it myself, I have to take the aio cpu cooler off to get the batch number on the cpu for intel warranty. So I take it off and it looks like it hasn't been removed for a long time, the original paste I used was still there too, so I start to question if the tech at inrex computers really took the cpu out and tested another one, maybe he just used his own cooler with his test cup, idk, but either way I take my cpu out, check the pins, clean it with alcohol pads, redo the thermal paste and resead it.

I go on to install windows again to see if it crashes,
Windows finally installs!!!
While its installing i am reading online, I see a article saying that the asus prime z370-a motherboard comes with a setting enabled called multicore enhancement, thats not particularly good for the i7 8700k cpu in part with it, so I disable this in bios.

The computer starts up and works fine,
I install drivers, update windows, download chrome, etc..
the computer works good, I'm playing cod warzone, 144hz & 1440p, getting good fps, for a few hours a day, for a few days straight, and no problems.

Lastnight it crashed on me, whea uncorrectable error, I reboot, it starts up windows, I login, apps are starting up, discord/ steam, etc and it crashes whenever it gets to the zotac firestorm app I have, the app for my gpu, its asking permissions whenever it crashes. Im thinking that it crashes maybe because of the app, or also maybe thats the time after running when the cpu just crashes out, the tech at inteex said when he tested, it would crash at 11minuts xx seconds everytime. So I think its my cpu.

I'm at the end of my ropes, intel warranty process is slower than a turtle in a syrup factory, and for some reason i have a feeling that the bios settings are what is causing this,, thats what i want it to be probably anyways..
if anyone out there can help a fellow bein out with some advice or maybe recommendsomethingthat might be overlooked, it'd be greatly appreciated

Solution
I did format the hdd and i have a single 1tb hdd and 32gb intel optane which i believe is to help the performance of the hdd, I have no important files on this hdd, everything can be reinstalled no problem. And I would say this may be the issue but the system crashes on my old 4 tb hdd that I originally had and it also crashes with the new 1 tb hdd too, so I think its safe to rule this out. I formatted my old hdd in the beginning to try to fix it when I rebuilt my system so everything was a fresh start
There it is, you are correct the whole point of optane drives is to help the speed of the hdd's. However if they start to fail, corrupt, or lose information fragments. Can cause this is as well, i would give pulling it out and...
Motherboard- asus prime z370-a
Cpu- i7 8700k
Gpu- zotac gtx 1080ti amp
Ram- g.skill trident z rgb ddr4- 3000 16 gb x2
Power- corsair rm 850x
Aio Water cooler
WD blue 1tb
Intel optane 32 gb

Computer worked fine for a year or so with xmp turned on, no problems at all. One day randomly I got a bsod it was whea uncorrectable error. I tried everything I could with the knowledge I had back then, I dissassembled and rebuilt the pc entirely, put stock setting on in the bios. Nothing worked. Kept getting whea uncorrectable error and sometimes clock watchdog error, error reports on the blue screen of death.
It sat around for almost a year untouched,
I finally got back around to messing with it.
I try getting rid of my hdd and replacing it with a new one and reinstalling windows,
Still no luck
I'm thinking its the cpu, I can get into bios & lights are on so I don't think its the motherboard, and I can see the ram in bios aswell, both fixed in the appropriate slots to my knowledge.
I try installing windows with and without gpu and no luck, but I did get further in the install process.

I finally take it to a place called intrex computers and they diagnosed my pc and all parts for $50, they ruled it was my cpu, claiming they took my cpu out and put one they use for testing in and had no problems. Said both my hdds I have were good, the old replaced one I though was the original issue and the new one.

I get my cpu home and still want to tinker with it myself, I have to take the aio cpu cooler off to get the batch number on the cpu for intel warranty. So I take it off and it looks like it hasn't been removed for a long time, the original paste I used was still there too, so I start to question if the tech at inrex computers really took the cpu out and tested another one, maybe he just used his own cooler with his test cup, idk, but either way I take my cpu out, check the pins, clean it with alcohol pads, redo the thermal paste and resead it.

I go on to install windows again to see if it crashes,
Windows finally installs!!!
While its installing i am reading online, I see a article saying that the asus prime z370-a motherboard comes with a setting enabled called multicore enhancement, thats not particularly good for the i7 8700k cpu in part with it, so I disable this in bios.

The computer starts up and works fine,
I install drivers, update windows, download chrome, etc..
the computer works good, I'm playing cod warzone, 144hz & 1440p, getting good fps, for a few hours a day, for a few days straight, and no problems.

Lastnight it crashed on me, whea uncorrectable error, I reboot, it starts up windows, I login, apps are starting up, discord/ steam, etc and it crashes whenever it gets to the zotac firestorm app I have, the app for my gpu, its asking permissions whenever it crashes. Im thinking that it crashes maybe because of the app, or also maybe thats the time after running when the cpu just crashes out, the tech at inteex said when he tested, it would crash at 11minuts xx seconds everytime. So I think its my cpu.

I'm at the end of my ropes, intel warranty process is slower than a turtle in a syrup factory, and for some reason i have a feeling that the bios settings are what is causing this,, thats what i want it to be probably anyways..
if anyone out there can help a fellow bein out with some advice or maybe recommendsomethingthat might be overlooked, it'd be greatly appreciated
Have you done a bios update to the latest bios?

Yep, I've done that aswell
When reinstalling windows did you only format the drive with windows on it? Are thee multiple storage drives in the pc? And do you have any way of backing up all important info on all your drives? If yes to the first one and yes to the second one. There maybe a glitch in one of the other drivers with a program running on it... I had a issue similar to this when speccy on my :B drive corrupted. I would try backing up all things you need and do a fresh start, or if you can go through your programs one by one maybe find if one of them is causing the issue

Sep 8, 2020
When reinstalling windows did you only format the drive with windows on it? Are thee multiple storage drives in the pc? And do you have any way of backing up all important info on all your drives? If yes to the first one and yes to the second one. There maybe a glitch in one of the other drivers with a program running on it... I had a issue similar to this when speccy on my :B drive corrupted. I would try backing up all things you need and do a fresh start, or if you can go through your programs one by one maybe find if one of them is causing the issue
I did format the hdd and i have a single 1tb hdd and 32gb intel optane which i believe is to help the performance of the hdd, I have no important files on this hdd, everything can be reinstalled no problem. And I would say this may be the issue but the system crashes on my old 4 tb hdd that I originally had and it also crashes with the new 1 tb hdd too, so I think its safe to rule this out. I formatted my old hdd in the beginning to try to fix it when I rebuilt my system so everything was a fresh start

There it is, you are correct the whole point of optane drives is to help the speed of the hdd's. However if they start to fail, corrupt, or lose information fragments. Can cause this is as well, i would give pulling it out and trying to run the system without it..... However at this point if that dosn't do anything to help it maybe the cpu

Solution

TRENDING THREADS