Question help with white aio

Holmsey7

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
need a white aio, z53, corsair h100i capellix or lian li galahad or any other you know of, need 240/280mm

Ok. So what's your point? If you already know what models you are interested in, what is it you are looking for with this thread? Are you asking if anybody here has one for sale? If so, you need to post that as a WTB (Want to buy) in the classifieds section.

And with that 5900x I'd be inclined to look at 280mm models. 240mm models might leave things very borderline if you have PBO enabled.

Holmsey7

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
Ok. So what's your point? If you already know what models you are interested in, what is it you are looking for with this thread? Are you asking if anybody here has one for sale? If so, you need to post that as a WTB (Want to buy) in the classifieds section.
wanted to know if anyone had experience or knew which were better and if so any to steer clear of

Holmsey7

Prominent
Aug 20, 2022
I'd avoid NZXT as they require the use of CAM for all their products, and CAM is a bag of a$$.

Needing it to be white SERIOUSLY limits your options though, as there are very few good white AIO units out there.
i know but white fits my build, its very annoying but full white and vblakc aio would look dumb asf

Well, in a 280mm white AIO NZXT seems to really be about the only choice, and I can't honestly recommend any of the 240mm AIO coolers for that CPU especially if you plan to manually overclock or leave PBO enabled. And it would be silly not to since a moderate portion of it's performance comes from being able to do that. So, unless you're willing to go with a 360mm or a white air cooler, that's pretty much your sole option unless you feel pretty confident you can get by with a 240mm model, which is likely to leave you very borderline in terms of performance.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I vaguely recall a video from a few years back (I think it was JayzTwoCents) where they did a before and after. There was almost no change in thermal performance. The paint is pretty much in direct contact and convection still works. Still plenty of surface area.

I actually wouldn't mind a naked copper look. I've kind of always wanted to do copper hard lines, but it really isn't worth the effort.

It depends on the type of paint used. There ARE paints that not only won't affect convection, they will increase it, but these are extremely, EXTREMELY expensive. Most standard paints that consumers have readily available contain varying levels of solids in the form of latexes, polymers, glasses, silicates, etc. These are ALL insulators. Practically any paint you buy as a consumer is going to have an insulating effect ESPECIALLY if it already has a layer of paint or powder coating on it to begin with.

No, the change might not be earth shattering in every case, but even a couple of degrees is huge considering people pay hundreds of dollars in aftermarket cooling products trying to DROP a couple of degrees. It just doesn't make much sense to intentionally go the wrong direction when it isn't necessary and when not choosing to simply go with a white product to start with in order to opt for a better performer is perhaps somewhat mitigated by losing those gains due to unnecessarily insulating your radiator. Not to mention, there are really no good products that will look as good you can use for painting the lines and you probably would not want to have to paint the pump housing at all. If you're really worried about aesthetics it just doesn't seem like a good option because no matter how good a job you do it's never going to look as good as simply buying a product that already meets your needs.

In cases where no such product exists, at ALL, when then, we do what we gotta do. LOL.