[SOLVED] Help with wifi upgrade

krishpatel0416

Commendable
Dec 6, 2017
A couple of years ago I upgraded to 300 Mbps and with it I got a three-pack google wifi mesh system. At the time the connection was enough for my house and I didn't have any problems. Recently I have needed a lot more bandwidth and upgraded to my ISP's 1000 Mbps plan. After I upgraded I started testing the internet only to realize only devices connected directly to my router were getting around 500 down and up. My phone was only getting 50 Mbps just 20 feet from the router. I guess most of my devices hadn't even been getting 300 before I just hadn't been testing speeds before. I need to upgrade my system mainly for my PC on the second floor which is the only system that needs to get faster speeds. What kind of system upgrades do I need to get fast speeds around my house? My modem and router are both on my first floor and can't really be moved. I have three floors including the basement. I was originally going to get the new google nest wifi but I don't know if it will be much of an upgrade and the website says three points are good for a max of 5400 square feet and my house is around 10,000 square feet. What system will be able to cover my whole house?

Solution
Probably wifi interference. How many other people's wifi can you see from your devices?

Have you looked into Powerline network adapters? With a 10k SqFt house, I presume budget is pretty high, so you might as well go for a 2Gb kit = $80. And yes, you can add more nodes. There are even kits with WiFi broadcasting.