Help with Win7 PC taking forever to load some website pages

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

klrman

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
For the life of me, I can't figure out what is going on. Just one of my computers is not working, and it's using the same router as the other two. All 3 computers are hard wired to the router, so maybe it is another issue, but several website pages take forever to load, Tom's Hardware login screen one of them for example. Many other web pages load instantly so it's really confusing me.

What I have done so far on my win7 64 bit home edition pc is.

1 ccleaner
2. uninstall all browers and resinstall. (problem is persisting with all browsers)
3. uninstalling all add ons and extensions
4. unchecked hard drive acceleration

still, this one pc has problems with some websites that no other pc has problems with. Any thoughts to try and trouble shoot this? I need to start somewhere. Obviously, somewhere, somehow, something is making it hard to load certain pages.

Solution
No point paying them unless absolutely needed. Couple of things you need to do from here.
> Call your ISP again and talk to their tech. support. Discuss the bandwidth allocation per device and see if all the settings are ok.
> Try another connection. A wi-fi dongle maybe and see whether the issue persists. This way you could be certain that its your computer problem
> Visit a professional store in your vicinity and let them diagnose the pc. Ideally they wont charge to diagnose the issue, rather they will charge to fix the issue. But you will get the idea, where to look.

klrman

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014

I picked your post as the solution as that is exactly what I am going to do now. I gave it a fair try but am not going to waist my time any longer anymore.

klrman

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
I just reinstalled windows and believe it or not, some websites still do not load. Now it is becoming a real mystery. Same websites as before and when running searches, too many to list. This is just totally bizarre, I have never come across something like this before in all my years.

I even tried bypassing the onboard ethernet port and running a USB ethernet port and still no luck. Just for simplicity a motocross website called racerxonline is one of the ones that will not load and if I refresh the page, text will load finally but no images. After the refresh, if I wait about 3-5 minutes and refresh again, then the images will load finally. Only on this computer and even now with a fresh new install of windows 7. Now I can rule out just about everything as it is a new install. Any real experts around here with very deep problem solving skills?

For anyone that can't be bothered reading this thread from the beginning, I am only have a problem with one Windows 7 pc not loading some websites, even after doing a clean install of windows 7.

Couple of things i would suggest here.

> Mention your detailed specs.
> Try using different browsers.
> Try loading the same pages in "safe mode with networking"
> when using chrome, deactivate hardware acceleration through settings.
> clear cmos and jumper settings for 10-15 mins

report back

klrman

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
I think you are onto something there! Will post back when I did it all thanks.

As for detailed Specs:
Windows 7 Home
Intel i3 4360 CPU
Asus H97 Plus MB
No GPU
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 128GB
Antec VP450 PSU

klrman

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for the link Hellfire13. I did find the source of the problem however. Just didn't trust anymore my ISP as they always said it is not on their end and always blamed my computer, even though I called them again today and said I still think it is their hardware. Anyway, I borrowed the wifi hub from my relative that is on a different network running of cell towers instead of fiber optics and everything works as it should so I now have proof it is their router that has been the cause of this all along.

In my January 13th post, I did suggest you to try another connection. If only you would have had done that back then, you would not have had to go through so much hassle. I think a different router should take care of it relapsing.
Anyways, glad you figured it out. Now, if you would be kind enough to resolve this thread once again, others stumbling here for similar issue might find it helpful.
Thanks and cheers.

klrman

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
Hellfire13, that is why you have Grandmaster under your title! I have an pm for you and thanks big time for all the effort you have put in to help me out, I am very thankful for it.