Help with windows 8 expiring

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I need help with my windows 8 install it keeps telling me that my license will expire soon and I don't have a new key for it I bought my pc from a guy on craigslist soon how could I go about this?

Solution
You should still be able to download Windows 10, but an invalid Windows 8 license means an invalid Windows 10 license. Personally, I'd just recommend purchasing a Windows 10 disk and call it a day.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Purchase a copy of Windows 8/10.

While you can probably upgrade for free to Windows 10, it's still not a legitimate license. Aside from constantly seeing the Not a Legitimate License watermark (or whatever it says), I don't know if there are any other restrictions.

-Wolf sends

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Ok well if I have to buy a disc how do I go about installing it if my system already has windows 8.1 on it may I ask? Also it says that a code was put in on this pc for a full copy but I never put it in.

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
The thing is I can't see the whole code only have of it should I just try to wait for windows 10 to release I reserved a copy of it. But the thing is that it releases two days after my license expires will I still be able to download it?

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
Thank you guys for all the help but funny enough with all the boxes and stuff that came with this pc one of them had the windows 8 disk in it with the product key on it so now everything is fixed.