HELP with XP error!

G

Hello there. Could someone explain this error?

When I try to start my computer it comes up and says it wont boot because there is an error on the System32/System folder, but it offers no way of repairing it!!!

I know this is not much help for you to understand what is happening, but you see this a problem a friend has, and I just pasted here the mail he sent me. I know he need to find a solution the sooner possible, and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me/him

thanx in advance

Blue Skies Bring Tears

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
That's all it says?

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I had the same problem. You should just reinstall the Operating System. Hope your friend made backups....

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

This is exactly what I told him to do. Format and fresh install. He told me he has done it several times. Its not the first time he encounters this error. All the other times I adviced him to do a clean install. Now I think its been a while with no problems and suddenly after some days he got the same error again.

:(

Blue Skies Bring Tears

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Hahaha...Thats not encouraging to me, I just had this happen to me a couple of days ago......Uh oh.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.