[SOLVED] Help with z490 Vision G and Dram

Mar 14, 2022
Hello Guys,
I am having trouble running my PC with Four Rams Installed. I use to have two rams of 2x16 3200mhz 1.35V and The timings were 16-18-18-36 and now I bought the same rams 2x16 3200mhz but the timings are 16-20-20-38 1.35v. Do I need to install them in a specific Slot? like Higher timing rams should go in A1 B1 etc? When I install all four, Pc won't boot and I see a Red Light on DRAM. I checked on YouTube but can't find information about z490 Vision G Board.

Any guide or help is appreciated !!
Thank you

Solution
Mixing memory may not work.

Your best bet would be to put the old ram back in by itself, see if you can force the timings to 16-20-20-28. If you can, then you might be able to shut down and install the second set. No guarantees though. You will not be able to use XMP profiles.
You can't mix RAM sticks with different timings. All four sticks must use same timing or it will not work. Now, you can try to force them to do it but there is no guarantee it will work.
Reset CMOS. Install only new RAM and boot to BIOS. Save and exit, power off. Add remaining sticks and boot again. IF it will boot at this stage you can try turning XMP on.

Reactions: rizzio

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Mixing memory may not work.

Your best bet would be to put the old ram back in by itself, see if you can force the timings to 16-20-20-28. If you can, then you might be able to shut down and install the second set. No guarantees though. You will not be able to use XMP profiles.

Solution

logainofhades

Titan
If they have different timings, they are not the same ram. Mixing ram, like that, is rarely a stable venture. You could try putting the slower timed ram in A2 and B2, and the faster in A1 and B1, as it appears A2 and B2 are the slots used for only 2 sticks, which may force the other sticks to run at the same timings.

Mar 14, 2022
If they have different timings, they are not the same ram. Mixing ram, like that, is rarely a stable venture. You could try putting the slower timed ram in A2 and B2, and the faster in A1 and B1, as it appears A2 and B2 are the slots used for only 2 sticks, which may force the other sticks to run at the same timings.
Hello, I have tried this method and Turned off XMP profile. It booted my PC now. Can i use XMP at all ?