help with zip files in xp

Hi- I scanned 11 documents and saved them as jpeg files. I placed them all
in a ffolder. I opened each them with paint to edit/erase minor things. I
wanted to email this folder (with all 11 pages in it). I right clicked it
and chose,"send to compressed folder". I sent it to one person and BCC to
myself (just to make sure that it works, I sentd it to myself)
WHen I attatched the zip folder to my email message and sent it (from Yahoo
to Yahoo recipients), it went through alright to myself. But the other party
did not. Mailer daemon said the other address was not valid. I will check
and verify that address later. BUT, So then I went to the email address I
sent (BCC) and it arrived fine. I downloaded it and when I tried to extract
the file, nothing happened.
SO that is my question. WHy did it not extract. what did I do wrong. Was it
when I created the file? please help.
--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

pip22

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

You left out an essential piece of info - what email program are we taking
about? -- we don't all use Outlook Express you know! But I will assume you
do. You need to check a setting. Open OE. Go to 'Tools' then 'Options' and
click the 'Security' tab. At top, remove tick where it says "Do not allow
attachments to be saved or opened etc...."

"RustyM" wrote:

> Hi- I scanned 11 documents and saved them as jpeg files. I placed them all
> in a ffolder. I opened each them with paint to edit/erase minor things. I
> wanted to email this folder (with all 11 pages in it). I right clicked it
> and chose,"send to compressed folder". I sent it to one person and BCC to
> myself (just to make sure that it works, I sentd it to myself)
> WHen I attatched the zip folder to my email message and sent it (from Yahoo
> to Yahoo recipients), it went through alright to myself. But the other party
> did not. Mailer daemon said the other address was not valid. I will check
> and verify that address later. BUT, So then I went to the email address I
> sent (BCC) and it arrived fine. I downloaded it and when I tried to extract
> the file, nothing happened.
> SO that is my question. WHy did it not extract. what did I do wrong. Was it
> when I created the file? please help.
> --
> Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !
>
> --
> Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Oh, Sorry, I sent the zip file emails FROM Yahoo to a yahoo receipient
,(me) ; the other zip file was sent to a non- yahoo account. I received my
zip file fine. But, the wizard did not do anything when I clicked on
'extract'- I even tried to change the locatin that it would unzip to by
clicking browse. Not even that helped. So, in short, when I try to extract,
nothing happens as it should. I have extracted things before with no problem
that were sent to me. So what did I do wrong.