Question Help! X470 Aorus Gaming WiFi won't POST ?

Apr 30, 2021
Two weeks ago, my PSU blew and I've spent the last two weeks trying to figure out what all it took with it. I got a new PSU (Corsair RM750x) and all I could get was a flash of motherboard LEDs when turning on the PSU. Power button did nothing.

I removed everything from the case and confirmed the behavior with absolutely nothing connected but power and nothing installed but the cpu. Still just the one flash and that was it.

I picked up an identical motherboard, fully cleaned the cpu and reinstalled with fresh thermal paste. Same behavior. So I got a new CPU which leads me to where I am now. The board will power up with the new cpu, but it won't post and cycles constantly through a number of codes, mostly landing on '07' which doesn't have a designation in the manual that I can find. I'm at my wit's end. Any ideas are welcome.

I should add that I've tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery for long periods and connecting the pins with no effect (I did this on the old board as well).

Video of the code cycle in case it means anything to anyone can be seen here:
View: https://youtu.be/g44_3PQ5joM

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I should also add that though there is one stick of RAM inserted in the video, the behavior is the same with or without RAM and I've tried two different sticks in multiple slots.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

high end corsair
That doesn't narrow down anything, apart from telling us that the unit comes from Corsair.

Please list the spec to your entire platform including the make and model(s) of the PSU's used in your build(old and new). Can you find out what the BIOS version on the motherboard is? You should be able to see a sticker on the board to help you identify what BIOS it came shipped with.

Is that stick of ram on slot _1 ? If so, move that stick to slot _2 and then try powering up.

Apr 30, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

high end corsair
That doesn't narrow down anything, apart from telling us that the unit comes from Corsair.

Please list the spec to your entire platform including the make and model(s) of the PSU's used in your build(old and new). Can you find out what the BIOS version on the motherboard is? You should be able to see a sticker on the board to help you identify what BIOS it came shipped with.

Is that stick of ram on slot _1 ? If so, move that stick to slot _2 and then try powering up.

Sorry, about that. That was supposed to be placeholder text that I went back and updated once I confirmed the model and I forgot. Edited the original post to reflect that it's a Corsair RM750x. And if you take a look at the end of my post, you'll see that I've tried every RAM slot with no success.

CPU is a brand new Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM is 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz (though I have several other sticks laying around that I've tried as well with the same results)

The new board is a rev1.1 (my old one was a 1.0 that I had recently updated to F61a) but since I bought it used, there's no way to know what BIOS it's running unless the seller happens to remember. Thinking it's going to be a return at this point.