theidleness

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I just bought new motherboar and new cpu, the cpu is a i5 2400 and my motherboard is a asrock h61m-vgs and i recycled my old parts from my old computer (sata hd 8 gb ddr3 1333 ram zotac amp 550 ti 500 watt rosewill psu) and everything starts up fine i get a post beep. and when i get to the starting windows screen the ball things rotate once then freezes for half a second and blue screens. is my bmotherboard or cpu broken? do i need to reinstall windows. i tried booting from the mobo driver disk and it gave me some weird thing about floppy `.44 bneeded or something. any help with this would be great. thanks (Also i'm fairly certain all the parts are compatible)

theidleness

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
i put in the windows disk and went to repair in stall. but for that option it said to take out disk start it up normally and reinstall from windows. will reinstalling windows completely and delete everything for sure work? i'm scared to do it but it would be worth it if it worked.

theidleness

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
yah when i do that it just says repairing for a little bit, asks me if i want to system restore to a previous date, and i don't. so then it just does a bar thing where it says "repairing" and doesn't do anyhting, i let it do it for an hour earlier. will just completely reinstalling windows not work?

terryd75

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

This is a common problem, when replacing a mbod especially. The guys here are correct......The mbod is trying to boot up with all of th old drivers from your old mbod. I myself have had to re-load Windows and start from scratch more than once, due this same issue. I feel your pain. Good luck.