Question Help

ranggamndl

Reputable
Dec 2, 2016
That depends, what are you looking to pair it with? List your current specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Gonna pair it with msi h81m p33/asrocj h81m HDS (dont know which one is better), wdc blue 1tb, corsair vengeance 1600mhz 2x4, gtx 950 (i will upgrade to rx 470, soon), fsp hexa+ 500w, standard case, windows 10 64bit

Which components do you already possess in your list? At the very least it sounds like you haven't got the motherboard. I ask because if you have to get the motherboard, CPU and RAM it might be an option to post your budget to see what new components are viable. Otherwise you'd just be building a new PC with older technology.

ranggamndl

Reputable
Dec 2, 2016
Which components do you already possess in your list? At the very least it sounds like you haven't got the motherboard. I ask because if you have to get the motherboard, CPU and RAM it might be an option to post your budget to see what new components are viable. Otherwise you'd just be building a new PC with older technology.
Oh sorry, i already have the ram, hdd, case, gpu.

So effectively you're limited to using DDR3 RAM for budget purposes, correct?

There's not a great deal of difference between the two CPUs you first mentioned, 0.2GHz for both base and max clockspeeds. Whether that is worth the $10 difference... only if there's a real benefit. I don't think there's enough of a difference, but then it isn't a large sum either.

ranggamndl

Reputable
Dec 2, 2016
So effectively you're limited to using DDR3 RAM for budget purposes, correct?

There's not a great deal of difference between the two CPUs you first mentioned, 0.2GHz for both base and max clockspeeds. Whether that is worth the $10 difference... only if there's a real benefit. I don't think there's enough of a difference, but then it isn't a large sum either.
Yes. Okay then ill stick with i5 4590