Question Help

Jul 16, 2019
How can I change the browser used to open links in Outlook (from Chrome to Foxfire) and still keep my default browser (Chrome) for everything else?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Found one guide that said it would show how to do that and then proceeded to show how to change defaults... not helpful

problem is that Outlook uses the default browser on system now, I can't see a way to do what you want.

Jul 16, 2019
Found one guide that said it would show how to do that and then proceeded to show how to change defaults... not helpful

problem is that Outlook uses the default browser on system now, I can't see a way to do what you want.
I know. Nobody online seems to understand the question.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I understand the question, but like Colif, I do not think you can do what you want to do in "full automatic" mode. The whole default programs concept, which has been around a long time now, is to make certain file types (or web links, in the case of browsers) open in one's chosen favorite.

The only option I see is using the context menu to copy your link, manually opening your second-tier browser (or keeping an instance of it open and minimized), then pasting the link in to that browser.

Jul 16, 2019
I understand the question, but like Colif, I do not think you can do what you want to do in "full automatic" mode. The whole default programs concept, which has been around a long time now, is to make certain file types (or web links, in the case of browsers) open in one's chosen favorite.

The only option I see is using the context menu to copy your link, manually opening your second-tier browser (or keeping an instance of it open and minimized), then pasting the link in to that browser.

Thanks, I guess that really is my only option.