[SOLVED] Help ;(

ibtransformer

Commendable
Dec 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a serious problem with my computer. Yesterday it was working but today I decided to clean all dust from pc and change the thermopaste. After pc was cleaned and thermopaste was changed I connected everything properly and tried to turn on my pc after pressing the start button it was not turning on like before, then I checked all cables inside and after checking all cables I gave him a second chance to turn on. After pressing again the start button PC was alive for a while, cpu fan, psu and gpu fan was spinning and looked like pc gonna start as usual, but monitor, keyboard and also a mouse wont work. Monitor was showing to me a black screen and keyboard with mouse wasnt glowing as always they did. So what the problem could be? There is my specs;
Cpu: i5-3470
Gpu: gtx 650 1gb
Psu: zalman zm400lx 400watts the cheapest one D:
Mobo: asus p8b75-m lx
Ram: ddr3 2x4gb 1600mhz

I hope we can give another life to my old pc ;(

Ps: sorry for my bad english skills, i tried my best

Solution
Since all was well before you fixed it, your parts are probably ok.
Likely, there is a bad connection somewhere that you are missing or possibly a short.

First, remove the graphics card and connect your monitor to one of the motherboard outputs and use the integrated graphics adapter.

If you have no success there,
Try taking all of your parts out of the case and assemble them out on a table.
To start the motherboard, momentarily short the two front panel PWR pins with a flat blade screwdriver.

ibtransformer

Commendable
Dec 25, 2017
On first read I suspect the PSU.

Do some additional reading and research regarding PSU's and use
that information to understand what may be happening with respect to your computer.

E.g., the +12 volt rail may be failing or has failed.

https://www.lifewire.com/computer-power-supply-wattage-832368

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/power-supply.htm

I dont know what to do with my psu because it was bought 1.5 years ago and I dont think that there is a psu fault. So what I have to do next to give a chance to pc to start working again?

Since all was well before you fixed it, your parts are probably ok.
Likely, there is a bad connection somewhere that you are missing or possibly a short.

First, remove the graphics card and connect your monitor to one of the motherboard outputs and use the integrated graphics adapter.

If you have no success there,
Try taking all of your parts out of the case and assemble them out on a table.
To start the motherboard, momentarily short the two front panel PWR pins with a flat blade screwdriver.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
In addition to @geofelt's suggestions you can do some testing on the PSU.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

You will need to have a multimeter and know how to use the multimeter. Or have a knowledgeable family member or friend who can help.

Not a perfect test per se because the PSU is not being tested under load.

However, the multimeter will show if one or more of the output voltages are not within specifications.

ibtransformer

Commendable
Dec 25, 2017
Im not good at the pc knowledge, maybe I will try to take my pc to the service where the guys know about pc to avoid more problems if I just try to do something on my own with my pc.. thanks for suggestions guys!

ibtransformer

Commendable
Dec 25, 2017
So i got news from the guy who took a look at my pc and he said that my motherboard is dead and what i have to do now? Does the cpu rams and gpu will dead also or no? And if i change the mb and put the same processor and rams from old motherboard will he be alive?

How well do you trust the pc service people??
A hardware problem is best resolved by replacing parts with known good parts.
A pc shop will be best able to do that.
I have my doubts that any of your parts have failed.

Since you have little competence, I see no alternative but to trust them.
But, be aware that not all pc service people are trustworthy.
They could easily bill you for replacement parts that are not needed.
Or, they could substitute a lesser processor and you might never notice. It has happened.

I suggest you try removing the discrete graphics card as a first step.
Note that there will be a latch at the end of the card that you must push aside or lift to be able to remove the card.
Connect your monitor to the motherboard display output and see how you do.
Do not be afraid about damaging things if you do not force anything.
Even if you damage something, you will need to take the pc in for service regardless.

ibtransformer

Commendable
Dec 25, 2017

Or, they could substitute a lesser processor and you might never notice. It has happened.

Note that there will be a latch at the end of the card that you must push aside or lift to be able to remove the card.
Even if you damage something, you will need to take the pc in for service regardless.
Im going to take my pc from the service guy and i will take a look, but I dont think that Im able to fix it on my own. My knowledge about PC is very low, so I dont know anything about those fixes thats why I am affraid to fix on my own.

ibtransformer

Commendable
Dec 25, 2017

So yeah recently took my pc out of the service guy and he said that integrated graphics card doesnt show anything and he admitted that mb is dead. So if I buy another 1155 working motherboard the old parts like cpu and rams will work on other mb?

TRENDING THREADS