[SOLVED] HELP

Oct 10, 2019
I have the Asus Z390 E. My hard drives are detected but it says "the system cannot find any bootable devices"

Oct 10, 2019
Windows installations are not intended to be modular. You may have another problem, but the best way to pinpoint problems is to make sure you're doing everything else correctly. If you're just slapping in an old Windows installation into your new PC, you're not doing it correctly.
Windows installations are not intended to be modular. You may have another problem, but the best way to pinpoint problems is to make sure you're doing everything else correctly. If you're just slapping in an old Windows installation into your new PC, you're not doing it correctly.
Do i have to reinstall windows even though the hard drive i have already has windows on it?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Do i have to reinstall windows even though the hard drive i have already has windows on it?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it appears to work but annoying problems pop up for a year.

The best practice is always to do a full wipe and OS install on a major hardware upgrade. It's already best practice; that you're already facing an actual problem rather than smooth sailing means it's a double no-brainer. It makes it extremely hard to pinpoint problems when you cut corners. Windows installs, unless you're using a very specific Windows-to-Go install, are not Lego.

Oct 10, 2019
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it appears to work but annoying problems pop up for a year.

The best practice is always to do a full wipe and OS install on a major hardware upgrade. It's already best practice; that you're already facing an actual problem rather than smooth sailing means it's a double no-brainer. It makes it extremely hard to pinpoint problems when you cut corners. Windows installs, unless you're using a very specific Windows-to-Go install, are not Lego.
How do i get windows on a flash drive?

4745454b

Titan
I doubt you have it hooked up correctly if it can't find anything to boot from. Try hooking up only the windows drive. In the lowest number sata port.

You might need to reinstall Windows. It's never a 100% for sure to work just moving it over. But if it's not finding a boot drive then i know it's not right.

Oct 10, 2019
I doubt you have it hooked up correctly if it can't find anything to boot from. Try hooking up only the windows drive. In the lowest number sata port.

You might need to reinstall Windows. It's never a 100% for sure to work just moving it over. But if it's not finding a boot drive then i know it's not right.
It recognizes the hard drives but detects no boot drive, ill just try to install windows from a flash drive onto my new PC