Question help.

The 2060 could USE a more powerful CPU, but the Ryzen 7 1700 should be ok with it. Really it depends on what you are mainly playing. VERY CPU intensive games, might struggle with the 1700 especially if they are games that primarily like one or two very strong cores. For games that are well optimized for multithreading though, those will do much better even if there is a high resource demand on the CPU. What resolution you are gaming at will be a factor as well because the more the graphics card is required to do, the less the CPU "needs" to do, in most cases.

Last edited:
Any CPU can bottleneck any graphics card depending on how low the resolution is and what game is running. Nothing is ever perfectly balanced. Although you can have a fairly balanced system. I'd say you could reasonably go to an RTX 2080 super or RTX 2080 ti if 4K 60hz is on your radar. Higher than 75hz and I'd say depending on the game you might wanna upgrade the CPU. But anyway. It should mostly be fine with an RTX 2060. I wouldn't worry too much about the possible bottleneck in some games.