[SOLVED] Help

Oct 29, 2019
This might be a really dumb question but which graphic card is better a msi 2060 gaming z or a Gefotce rtx 2060 super

Lutfij

Titan
Both are the same card...from the way you've listed them. If you added a link to each card, perhaps we could tell which one of the two is better. To add, you will also need to mention your current system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Including the age of the PSU and it's make and model, just just the wattage.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
This might be a really dumb question but which graphic card is better a msi 2060 gaming z or a Gefotce rtx 2060 super

msi 2060 gaming z is 6 gb, while the super is 8gb. Though it seems like the MSI one has higher boost clocks.

So what to choose, would depend on the games you going to play. And resolution/graphic settings

Last edited:

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Of course the second one, RTX 2060 Super. It's a newer card, and an upgrade over the 2060 or the Gaming Z. The only difference between a regular RTX 2060 and the gaming Z is the better cooling, and slight clock speed bump which you will give you like 3-4 frames more. While the RTX 2060 Super will boost your performance from 15-30% over the Gaming Z, depending on different games.

Oct 4, 2019
Just as my personal input it depends what game you wanna play. We're getting to the point where some will exhaust 6gb of memory and when I see all these releases of 8gb cards I begin to think that this is gonna become standard very soon so the 2060 super will probably have more longevity.

HOWEVER the 5700 is a cheaper alternative and by mid 2020 it looks like we're gonna see a new range of 8gb+ cards with faster clocks at similar pricing, so rn may not be the ideal time to buy.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Between those 2 exact models, i dont think you will see much of a difference, but if they are like 10 bucks appart, got for the super. (Sorry could not get up the prices earlier.)

Would a bronze 550watts be enough or what psu would you say i should get

Depends on the rest of the hardware you will get. You can make do with a 550w, but personally i would take a 650 or higher. Also pick a good one. Dont cheap out on the PSU.

Reactions: sdkjfsaa