[SOLVED] Help...

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Building a new pc
ryzen 5 3600x
Asrock b450M pro4 (factory installed bios update for ryzen 3000 cpu )
Evga 600 80 +
Rtx 2070
G-Skill ddr4 3200 16 gb
The problem..
Boots up fans spin and monitor comes on but after about 2 mins the video shuts down and the monitor goes off and says "no video"
Yes everything is plugged in
I have tried another PSU 600 theratake (same problem)
Tried another Gpu (rx 570) same problem
Any idea's?

Solution
Yeah does sound like you went through a lot trying this and that. Seems you know what you're doing so it can't be this difficult.

Go for an x570 Gigabyte Aorus series or Asus Tuff if you can. Well worth it and excellent quality boards. So are Asrock, whether it was the board or not, who knows. Just bit of bad luck i think.

Good luck for next time!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try one stick of ram if 2x 8, or 1x 16, in second slot from cpu. Check it's fully seating both sides.

Check cpu power cable is fully plugged, both ends if modular. PCIe slot provides power to spin fans so check PCIe cables as well are connected properly at both ends if also modular.

Check heatsink fan is using the cpu_fan header on the mobo.

You're using the GPU video port not the motherboard's?

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Try one stick of ram if 2x 8, or 1x 16, in second slot from cpu. Check it's fully seating both sides.

Check cpu power cable is fully plugged, both ends if modular. PCIe slot provides power to spin fans so check PCIe cables as well are connected properly at both ends if also modular.

Check heatsink fan is using the cpu_fan header on the mobo.

You're using the GPU video port not the motherboard's?
I started with trying to use the MB video and got none so i put in the gpu and got video but goes off after about 2 mins.
everything is plugged in
i have removed one stick of 8 gb memory ...still have the problem ...move sticks around in different slot ..still same problem
Fan in connected to cpu fan 1

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Hmm, check GPU is seating properly and video cable isn't being blocked by an object slightly. FYI, 3600x doesn't have an iGPU so the rear ports are inactive.
Ya i looked it up and realized it didn't have onboard video ...
I have had this thing apart so many time everything is seated and plugged in trust me lol
i am thinking it is a MB problem or it is just not liking being used with the 3600x (maybe the factory bios update is not correct i just don't know)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Should say on the box Ryzen 3rd gen ready or something indicating the bios has been updated. Should be updated after being so long, the chances of getting the board from old stock would be slim but not impossible i guess. Look for a sticker saying It's compatible from box.

Even if bios hasn't been updated, im not sure if system would still shut down or not. I've no experience with that.

Might have to take it to a PC store to have it checked to make sure. Bios issue or something else, they'll have the parts to troubleshoot.

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Should say on the box Ryzen 3rd gen ready or something indicating the bios has been updated. Should be updated after being so long, the chances of getting the board from old stock would be slim but not impossible i guess. Look for a sticker saying It's compatible from box.

Even if bios hasn't been updated, im not sure if system would still shut down or not. I've no experience with that.

Might have to take it to a PC store to have it checked to make sure. Bios issue or something else, they'll have the parts to troubleshoot.
It does say ryzen 3rd gen ready
Ya thanks i just packed the MB and cpu up and sending them back, i will spend a few buck more for better items ....
Had my fill of messing with it lol

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah does sound like you went through a lot trying this and that. Seems you know what you're doing so it can't be this difficult.

Go for an x570 Gigabyte Aorus series or Asus Tuff if you can. Well worth it and excellent quality boards. So are Asrock, whether it was the board or not, who knows. Just bit of bad luck i think.

Good luck for next time!

Solution