Question HELP!!!

Feb 11, 2021
hello so i bought a z97 fatality killer on ebay along with it came a i5 4440 . so i got it and hook everything up and it wouldnt start for the life of it so i took out the little battery and put back in after a lil and boom there the boot screen so i set everything up play a game and think awesome job well done. so today i start it up fine and im thinking u no i have a i7 4790k and its the same socket let me try. and thats when everything went down hill. i switched cpus put fan on and nothing no boot and after 2 min the comp would go on and off on and off repeating and not stopping.!!!!n so i tried and put original cpu in it and NOTHING!!! what its wrong!!!

system:
i5 4440
z97 fatality killer
16 gb ddr3 2000
600 w psu
gtx 960 strix 4gb

Feb 11, 2021
i did multiple times even letting it stay out for asd long as 2 hrs and finally it boot with the original i5 4440 but A1 and A2 ram slots were i think the issue but im affraid of trying to i7. i have the P2.60 bios i think that the most recent

Feb 11, 2021
Does the BIOS version support the 4790k? It might need updating. Try clearing CMOS again, you should be able to do it with a jumper on the motherboard but you can also remove the battery again.
how do u update like it got into it with the i5 in and went and couldnt figure out where to look to "uopdate
" bios if thats a thing