[SOLVED] Help!

Jan 29, 2022
My computer keeps crashing-it shows a black screen with white flashing squares then restarts. This started today and happened six times already. I hard reset my computer but it still crashes. I have no idea what’s going on and I can’t afford to have someone look at it. i5 6600 8gb ram hyperxBlu motherboardb150m-dh3 ddr3

crash.png

Solution
I removed my gpu to test if the problem was solved and then this happened. with gpu the screen freezes but don't show the white squares in the picture.
Have you tried the other PCIE slot for your GPU on your motherboard? It probably will cause the same issue but it's still worth a try. Also try using one stick of RAM and boot up the system of you have a dual-kit RAM. Rinse and repeat for the other stick of RAM. If that does not fix the issue then there is more concerning problem.

There could be 3 issues that we are dealing in here - PSU, motherboard and CPU. I still don't know what the make and model of your PSU is, so I can't really comment on that aside from the unit probably giving out from degradation, hence being defective...

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I removed my gpu to test if the problem was solved and then this happened. with gpu the screen freezes but don't show the white squares in the picture.
Have you tried the other PCIE slot for your GPU on your motherboard? It probably will cause the same issue but it's still worth a try. Also try using one stick of RAM and boot up the system of you have a dual-kit RAM. Rinse and repeat for the other stick of RAM. If that does not fix the issue then there is more concerning problem.

There could be 3 issues that we are dealing in here - PSU, motherboard and CPU. I still don't know what the make and model of your PSU is, so I can't really comment on that aside from the unit probably giving out from degradation, hence being defective and not giving enough power to the motherboard and CPU. Only way of knowing is to try another PSU.

If that still does not fix the issue, then I am sorry to tell you, but either your motherboard or your CPU have given in and would need replacement.

Reactions: davidferreira
Solution