Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I have a DELL Inspiron 600m. A couple of days ago I was on the net and got a virus...I had to preform a System Restore because I couldn't get rid of the virus. Now it boots up but when I go to put in my log-in info it wont allow me to log in. Any way to get me back into my laptop without having to reinstalling windows XP Pro.?

Did you change your password? I've never heard of system restore restoring that, but it's worth a shot.

System restore is a poor way to save yourself from a virus - often viruses embed themselves in the system restore files so they can be restored with the restore. Clever, eh?

Go into safe mode and run a virus scan.

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

Tried logging in under old pass word and is not letting me under that either. I don't know why I didn't go into safe mode to do the scan...I know to do that!

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

How do I do the third part scan? I have my PC I can hook it up to...And will my laptop even allow my PC to do the third party scan If I can't even log on to my laptop? (Don't forget that after I did the system restore my laptop won't even allow me to log in!)

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

Ok, maybe I should have asked; "How do I hook up my laptop to my PC" so that I will be able to access the hard drive on my laptop to do the scan??

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

Sorry, managed to fix the problem myself and got rid of the virus....

Status
Not open for further replies.