[SOLVED] Helped need with building PC ( to run certain games )

ChickenCatch

Reputable
Sep 19, 2019
Hello, about 2 months ago i bought a ''pre build budget gaming pc '' i only upgraded it with a extra 8GB DDr4 Ramstick. ( wich works fine ) i mainly bought the ramstick so i could play Fallout 4 but even with the lowest of lowest setting im hitting 50-FPS ( if im looking at the sky ) and 30-35 when walking around. and when im entering a building it drops to 18-20 FPS

PC Specs

Motherboard : AMD A320M Chipset / AM4 Socket

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G - 4 cores - 4 threads - 3,5 Ghz

HDD: 1TB 7200 rpm

RAM: 8GB DDR4-2666 Mhz (Crucial) + 8GB DDR4-2666MHZ (HyperX Fury)

graphic card: Radeon RX Vega 8 (onboard) --- planning to upgrade it with this graphic card:: Asus Phoenix GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5

Power Supply: 300 Watt - BeQuiet - 80Plus (Bronze) --- planning to upgrade it with this power supply:: LogiLink 80 Plus BRONZE Series 700W PC-voeding

but my main question is since it has a AMD processor will it conflict with the Geforce card? and does it matter that the graphiccard is GDDR5 but the RAM is DDR4 ?

i think personally why Fallout 4 runs so bad is because i lack Vram the onboard one supports up to 2GB Vram. so im hoping if i upgrade it with these 2 parts it will be enough. i already changed my resolution a few times aswell but with no result.
if you need more info please let me know and ill post it.

Also if this is in the wrong thread let me know. i coulndt find a appropriate thread. and thought this one would fit the most .

Solution
They won't function properly if they are so different I am not so sure if it's the cause of your mismatch sticks but it very well could be also don't let the CL20 and such fool you, they really don't make too much of a difference its RAM speed that matters with Ryzen, In my personal opinion trust only professional reviews on ANY components especially power supplies, A very trusted reviewer for PSUs is JonnyGuru a second source you could use if you can't find one from him on your PSU is TechPowerUp PSU Review Database (do note they just have a database of a lot of PSU reviews) if neither of these has anything about your PSU it's best to continue looking as going off websites is dangerous as it can be misleading sometimes.
Be sure to research before buying a PSU as buying a cheapo one could put your system in danger, Your mismatch RAM sticks may be why your performance isn't the best as you aren't taking advantage of dual channel memory, I would note as well Ryzen CPUs love RAM so 2666 is a little slow for Ryzen, Your graphics card won't have any issues many people run beast pascal cards with Ryzen CPUs.

ChickenCatch

Reputable
Sep 19, 2019
Hi, thank you for the reply. i thought i was using the ''dual channel memory'' because it said so in the BIOS.

BIOS

so perhaps if i change the latency manually in BIOS will it enable ''dual channel memory'' ? or do you actually need to have 2 identical ram sticks? everything is on AUTO in the bios though.

and yes i did my research. i read on the website from the PSU that it has a ( dont know how to properly word it in English ) some kind of anti fail system that prevents it from damaging the system and i had no idea Ryzen CPU loved RAM ( thanks for telling me. learning so much because of this website xD )

(EDIT : screwed up with the Imgur link. so thats why its edited )
EDIT 2.0 ive ran the Benchmark test and these are the results benchmarktest it doesnt make me any wiser to be completly honest. after looking into CPU-Z it also says '' Dual Channel '' but on the SPD page both have different Latency's

additional info. both RAM sticks require 1,2V but the Crucial has a latency of 19 while the Hyper X has a latency of 16 although i dont know what i have to type in the BIOS to have it actually on the same Latency.

Last edited:
They won't function properly if they are so different I am not so sure if it's the cause of your mismatch sticks but it very well could be also don't let the CL20 and such fool you, they really don't make too much of a difference its RAM speed that matters with Ryzen, In my personal opinion trust only professional reviews on ANY components especially power supplies, A very trusted reviewer for PSUs is JonnyGuru a second source you could use if you can't find one from him on your PSU is TechPowerUp PSU Review Database (do note they just have a database of a lot of PSU reviews) if neither of these has anything about your PSU it's best to continue looking as going off websites is dangerous as it can be misleading sometimes.

Reactions: ChickenCatch
Solution

ChickenCatch

Reputable
Sep 19, 2019
Hey Angel. thank you for your reply. i think having 2 different kinds of RAM is the cause yes. ( also said by a mod in another post ) '' You should've looked into buying the same stick of ram, at the very least, or invested in a dual channel ram kit to get to the 16GB mark. Also, for your platform, you should be looking at DDR4-3200MHz rams. '' I bought a package of 2x 8GB RAM DDR4 with 3200MHz now. i looked into ''HWinfo'' and noticed it was running at 16CL ( dont know if running is the proper term for it ) but that would be impossible since the slower one runs at 19CL. if everything goes well they should arrive tommorow and i probally wont need to upgrade my PSU and graphics card. anyways on ur point from the PSU i will keep it in mind. i had no idea actually. but like i said before i learned so much from this website alone since i joined last week and really appriciate the friendly feedback :) i will post more about this tommorow to let u know if it works better,

ps, i copy and pasted the links u posted in here in a notepad file so i wont forget them haha. thanks once again :)

Hey Angel. thank you for your reply. i think having 2 different kinds of RAM is the cause yes. ( also said by a mod in another post ) '' You should've looked into buying the same stick of ram, at the very least, or invested in a dual channel ram kit to get to the 16GB mark. Also, for your platform, you should be looking at DDR4-3200MHz rams. '' I bought a package of 2x 8GB RAM DDR4 with 3200MHz now. i looked into ''HWinfo'' and noticed it was running at 16CL ( dont know if running is the proper term for it ) but that would be impossible since the slower one runs at 19CL. if everything goes well they should arrive tommorow and i probally wont need to upgrade my PSU and graphics card. anyways on ur point from the PSU i will keep it in mind. i had no idea actually. but like i said before i learned so much from this website alone since i joined last week and really appriciate the friendly feedback :) i will post more about this tommorow to let u know if it works better,

ps, i copy and pasted the links u posted in here in a notepad file so i wont forget them haha. thanks once again :)
No problem, Yes I agree it's a great place to learn all my knowledge was discovered through this wonderful community, if it doesn't work better it may just be that the game is decently intensive (which it is) but you should be able to stay at stable 30 FPS you could also try lowering resolution a little if it doesn't fix the issue.

Reactions: ChickenCatch

ChickenCatch

Reputable
Sep 19, 2019
Hey, they have arrived and have been installed. altough i dont seem to notice any difference. im still getting 20-28 fps indoors and around 35-50 when outside ( depending on the area ) i heard this game has been poorly optimized aswell. but even now ( CYRI ) says i only have 8GB Ram installed. while HWInfo and CPU-Z tell me 16GB ( BIOS does aswell )

ChickenCatch

Reputable
Sep 19, 2019
No problem, Yes I agree it's a great place to learn all my knowledge was discovered through this wonderful community, if it doesn't work better it may just be that the game is decently intensive (which it is) but you should be able to stay at stable 30 FPS you could also try lowering resolution a little if it doesn't fix the issue.
Hey after tweaking some settings in the INI and looking in the launcher settings i noticed it set the shadows & shadow draw distance on ultra :/ i have both of them on Medium now with a few ini tweak and im hitting 40-55 fps most of the times. thanks for taking ur time to help me out ^^