[SOLVED] Helping a friend upgrade his PC but are we missing a Backplate ?

Thyalex

Commendable
Nov 7, 2019
Helping a friend upgrade his Pc but we are stuck on installing the AIO because the old cooler came in with a different backplate. And all the AMD installations we watch have an AM4 backplate. It is the foundation PC from nzxt https://nzxt.com/product/foundation-pc-h510-edition

The back plate the cooler it came with just had long screws that held it all together.

Solution
You might be able to contact the manufacturer of the AIO you have purchased to see if they have anything available, if the parts provided aren't enough.

You can purchase the "stock" AM4 backplate seperately.

In a crunch the accy kit that comes with a Hyper 212 is very inclusive and I have used them to adapt strange mount options as well, sort of lego-esce.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
You might be able to contact the manufacturer of the AIO you have purchased to see if they have anything available, if the parts provided aren't enough.

In a crunch the accy kit that comes with a Hyper 212 is very inclusive and I have used them to adapt strange mount options as well, sort of lego-esce.

Solution

Thyalex

Commendable
Nov 7, 2019

Is the link for the amzon am4 backplate a stock backplate ? Or where can i buy a stock am4 backplate ?