[SOLVED] Helping out 2gb vram

Oct 30, 2019
Hi y'all!
I'm currently useing a Gygabite Gtx 960 2gb (GV-N960IXOC-2GD), and i'm statisfied with it, unless when it comes to gameing at ultra settings. Some games, like gta 5 or Watch dogs 2 has some fps drops sometimes, as I know these are caused by my few vram amount.
I have watched some videos on youtube, about gamers who use the 2gb version of the 960 with 16gb ram, and they don't have fps drops at ultra settings while playing those games.
I also watched videos about the 4gb version of that particular card, and i noticed that that one uses less ram than the 2gb one. So my question is the following: should i upgrade my 8gb(ddr4, dual channel)ram to 16gb? Would it stop fps drops? I appreciate every answer, so thanks;)

Solution
Your going to have stutters when you exceed vram.

Turn down settings a lil bit. There is a reason why gta5 will limit settings based on your amount of vram. Its because rockstar knows the game will stutter if its exceeded.

Don't trust youtube. Trust the games developer.
Your going to have stutters when you exceed vram.

Turn down settings a lil bit. There is a reason why gta5 will limit settings based on your amount of vram. Its because rockstar knows the game will stutter if its exceeded.

Don't trust youtube. Trust the games developer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS