Prominent
May 19, 2019
Pc specs:
cpu: ryzen 5 1500x
gpu: Gigabyte gtx 1060
mobo: asus strix b350 gaming
power supply: EVGA supernova gold 650w
ram: 16gb g.skill trident Z

Hello everyone, I'm new to building and I made a pc around a year ago. I decided to make a ram upgrade a couple months ago and now the computer does not display anything when plugged into a monitor. I then put the old ram back in and it still did not display anything. I though I cam up with a solution and brought a new motherboard (the one listed above). Still no better. Anybody know anything I can do to try and fix it?

Pc specs:
cpu: ryzen 5 1500x
gpu: Gigabyte gtx 1060
mobo: asus strix b350 gaming
power supply: EVGA supernova gold 650w
ram: 16gb g.skill trident Z

Hello everyone, I'm new to building and I made a pc around a year ago. I decided to make a ram upgrade a couple months ago and now the computer does not display anything when plugged into a monitor. I then put the old ram back in and it still did not display anything. I though I cam up with a solution and brought a new motherboard (the one listed above). Still no better. Anybody know anything I can do to try and fix it?

You said you changed the RAM a few months ago, so it worked fine for months? Anything happen right before the issue started? Did you try one RAM stick at a time? Try another video card or power supply? What exactly happens when you turn on the system, does it actually turn on but no display? If you remove the RAM does it give you error beeps when you turn it on? Did you try another video connection, make sure the monitor is working?

darrell203

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Originally I had 2 sticks of hyperx fury ram in the system. at this point it was working perfectly. Then I upgraded the ram and it never worked. I then went back to the fury ram and that doesn't work either now for some reason. SO my computer hasn't been running for months. I have tested the monitor and cable that I am using and both of them work perfectly. The only problem I could think of is that I only have a HDMI cable. So I have to plug the cable into the motherboard and not the graphics card. Maybe that has something to do with it

Also The fans for my gpu spin and the rgb portion of my ram lights up. I took these both as an indication that they work, but this may be a mistake. This is why I did not try a new power supply. I did not try the one RAM at a time yet so maybe that is the problem. Lastly when I turn the system on everything boots with no error beeps. However when I plug the cable in the monitor acts like it receives no signal

darrell203

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Update: I think I have found the problem. My motherboard pops up with a green led light near the ram whenever I boot it up. After some research I figured out that this mean that there is a boot error. However I have no display and can not access bios. How do I fix this issue?