HELPPPP Windows install

DaNeil Pitts

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I have a computer that currently doesn't have an operating system.
I want to install window 8.1. I have windows 8.1 ISO burned to a USB. I booted to my computer with the USB. The windows 8 setup popped up. I picked my language, clicked install now, put in my product key, then I had to pick what partition of my hard drive I wanted to install it on ( I choose a 375G partition of my hard drive). After picking where I wanted to install windows, I prompted to a screen that has
Copying WIndows Files
Getting files ready for Installation
Installing features
Installing updates
Finishing up
Once computer completed a step, Next to what it ( it being the step ex. Copying windows) a check mark appeared.

I got check marks on everything from Copying Windows Files to Finishing Up.

After receiving my last check mark ( on finishing up) I was prompted that my computer will restart to finish installation.
The computer then restarts by itself BUT it doesn't complete the installation. I have installed windows before and usually after going threw the checklist, the computer restarts about 3 times; then you pick a color and connect your email to your account. However, when installed on this computer that didn't happen.
When my computer restarts, it restarts as if it didn't install windows at all.

What do I do to fix this?

When I use windows repair with command prompt and to in BootRec/rebuildbcd (i think something close to that) . It mentions that i have windows installed

Solution
Sounds like either bad Windows install OR the HDD is toasty. What are the SPECS of your computer? Try downloading DBAN to WIPE the drive clean then install Windows cleanly. If during DBAN or Windows install it has errors or such, could be the HDD is dying or the MOBO I/O controller is failing.
Sounds like either bad Windows install OR the HDD is toasty. What are the SPECS of your computer? Try downloading DBAN to WIPE the drive clean then install Windows cleanly. If during DBAN or Windows install it has errors or such, could be the HDD is dying or the MOBO I/O controller is failing.

Solution
Suspect your problem lies within the fact your are trying to install to a partition. Windows 8 likes Unallocated Space, you can achieve this by deleting all partitions using the Drive Options (Advanced) at the 'Where do you want to install Windows' Screen...

mohammad shahbaaz

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
even i feel that there might be a problem in your partition.
before installing, try to clear the partition (click more options or something like that) and try installing it.
or
MAY BE you might have removed the usb during the process, i am not sure if that might create a problem.

TRENDING THREADS