[SOLVED] helps me guys

beyhichem7

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
hi all i have question today i have power supply thats have 2 connector of 6pin (PCIE) and i want to buy rx570 4gb it have 8pin do i need adapteur molex or i can plug 6pin and secone one just plug 2 pin of him and 4pin will be free not pluging ?

Solution
hi all i have question today i have power supply thats have 2 connector of 6pin (PCIE) and i want to buy rx570 4gb it have 8pin do i need adapteur molex or i can plug 6pin and secone one just plug 2 pin of him and 4pin will be free not pluging ?

Each 6-pin connector is rated to carry up to 75 watts.

An 8-pin connector is rated to carry up to 150 watts.

A 2x6-pin to 1x8-pin adapter is safe to use in this situation.

That is the ONLY kind of adapter I would say is safe. In ANY situation with video cards, ONLY the following are safe:
  • 1x8-pin to 2x6-pin
  • 2x6-pin to 1x8-pin

Anything else is a fire hazard.

This is all assuming that your PSU provides enough power AND is of high quality. To know...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Each 6-pin connector is rated to carry up to 75 watts.

An 8-pin connector is rated to carry up to 150 watts.

A 2x6-pin to 1x8-pin adapter is safe to use in this situation.

That is the ONLY kind of adapter I would say is safe. In ANY situation with video cards, ONLY the following are safe:
  • 1x8-pin to 2x6-pin
  • 2x6-pin to 1x8-pin

Anything else is a fire hazard.

This is all assuming that your PSU provides enough power AND is of high quality. To know for sure, I will repeat @hang-the-9 's question - we need to know the brand and model of your power supply.

Reactions: beyhichem7
Solution