• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question helps me guys

beyhichem7

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
hi all i have question today i have power supply thats have 2 connector of 6pin (PCIE) and i want to buy rx570 4gb it have 8pin do i need adapteur molex or i can plug 6pin and secone one just plug 2 pin of him and 4pin will be free not pluging ?

dotas1

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
DO NOT use any kind of adapters. If your PSU does not have the proper cables, it's for a reason. Buy a proper quality PSU instead. Your system will be safer and you as well, since using questionable adapters with questionable PSUs, may become a fire hazard.

Reactions: beyhichem7

512-Bit

Proper
Apr 17, 2019
you will need a molex adapter.

Or better yet, just get a better power supply. If it doesn't have an 8-Pin, it means that it wasn't meant to support 8-Pin graphics cards.

hi all i have question today i have power supply thats have 2 connector of 6pin (PCIE) and i want to buy rx570 4gb it have 8pin do i need adapteur molex or i can plug 6pin and secone one just plug 2 pin of him and 4pin will be free not pluging ?

Each 6-pin connector is rated to carry up to 75 watts.

An 8-pin connector is rated to carry up to 150 watts.

A 2x6-pin to 1x8-pin adapter is safe to use in this situation.

That is the ONLY kind of adapter I would say is safe. In ANY situation with video cards, ONLY the following are safe:
  • 1x8-pin to 2x6-pin
  • 2x6-pin to 1x8-pin
Anything else is a fire hazard.

This is all assuming that your PSU provides enough power AND is of high quality. To know for sure, I will repeat @hang-the-9 's question - we need to know the brand and model of your power supply.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS