ikke

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2004
31
0
18,530
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Hi there

I'm in chapter 2 of SOU, after where you got turned to stone and such. I
read somewhere that you are supposed to find the statue of your henchmen in
the room where the asabi merchant is..... but there isn't any statue there
:-S I brought deekin.......
Can anyone tell me exactly where the statue is supposed to be? (maybe I'm
just looking past it somehow :S)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"ikke" <iemand@ergens.nl> wrote in message
news:d3e4u7$dee$1@news2.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Hi there
>
> I'm in chapter 2 of SOU, after where you got turned to stone and such. I
> read somewhere that you are supposed to find the statue of your henchmen
> in the room where the asabi merchant is..... but there isn't any statue
> there :-S I brought deekin.......
> Can anyone tell me exactly where the statue is supposed to be? (maybe I'm
> just looking past it somehow :S)
>

If I recall correctly, the deekin statue is directly across the room from
where the merchant/slaver is standing.




P
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Maybe the next time you are going to give away plot hints you could create a
spoiler space? I've just started chapter 2 and thanks to you i now know
what to expect!! Thanks.

Skim


"ikke" <iemand@ergens.nl> wrote in message
news:d3e4u7$dee$1@news2.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> Hi there
>
> I'm in chapter 2 of SOU, after where you got turned to stone and such. I
> read somewhere that you are supposed to find the statue of your henchmen
> in the room where the asabi merchant is..... but there isn't any statue
> there :-S I brought deekin.......
> Can anyone tell me exactly where the statue is supposed to be? (maybe I'm
> just looking past it somehow :S)
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Skimmer wrote:
> Maybe the next time you are going to give away plot hints you could create a
> spoiler space? I've just started chapter 2 and thanks to you i now know
> what to expect!! Thanks.


The general rule-of-thumb on Usenet is anything more than a year old
doesn't get spoiler space any longer. SoU was first released two years
ago, so it's a bit beyond the standard. In any case, the subject line
pretty much implies there will be spoilers, so you're obviously reading
through the newsgroup without scanning subject lines first. Overall, I'd
say the fault is yours, not the OP's. You're reading a newsgroup devoted
to a game that has been out for well more than a year and you're not
bothering to self-filter the messages.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

First time i have heard about any general rules of thumb on usenet, it's
usually a free-for-all. I read the original heading and read the post
because i have just started chapter 2 and had an issue with my henchman as
soon as i started the chapter and i thought maybe here is someone else who
is having the same problem and maybe, just maybe i can offer some
assistance. Check back in this newsgroup for my post regarding this proble.
How many more assumptions can you make in one message? Having a bad day?

Cheers

Skim
"Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
news:EqOdnWjo3a9WLfzfRVn-rw@comcast.com...
> Skimmer wrote:
>> Maybe the next time you are going to give away plot hints you could
>> create a spoiler space? I've just started chapter 2 and thanks to you i
>> now know what to expect!! Thanks.
>
>
> The general rule-of-thumb on Usenet is anything more than a year old
> doesn't get spoiler space any longer. SoU was first released two years
> ago, so it's a bit beyond the standard. In any case, the subject line
> pretty much implies there will be spoilers, so you're obviously reading
> through the newsgroup without scanning subject lines first. Overall, I'd
> say the fault is yours, not the OP's. You're reading a newsgroup devoted
> to a game that has been out for well more than a year and you're not
> bothering to self-filter the messages.
> --
> Barry Scott Will
> Pyric RPG Publications
> http://www.pyric.com/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Skimmer wrote:
> First time i have heard about any general rules of thumb on usenet, it's
> usually a free-for-all.

In that case, you're being contradictory. First you complain because
someone failed to include something you think necessary, then you say
there are no "rules of thumb" and Usenet is a "free-for-all". Either
there are standards or there are not. If there are not, you have no
business complaining; if there are, then you are more at fault than the OP.

In any case, there are rules of thumb on Usenet. It's called Netiquette.


HTH
HAND
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

By complaining initially i hoped that the OP would recognise a genuine issue
and perhaps leave a spoiler space in the future.I am sorry if you found the
tone or the content of my post sufficiently inciteful to prompt you into
action.

Cheers

Skim
"Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
news:KM6dnaooBtpynv7fRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> Skimmer wrote:
>> First time i have heard about any general rules of thumb on usenet, it's
>> usually a free-for-all.
>
> In that case, you're being contradictory. First you complain because
> someone failed to include something you think necessary, then you say
> there are no "rules of thumb" and Usenet is a "free-for-all". Either there
> are standards or there are not. If there are not, you have no business
> complaining; if there are, then you are more at fault than the OP.
>
> In any case, there are rules of thumb on Usenet. It's called Netiquette.
>
>
> HTH
> HAND
> --
> Barry Scott Will
> Pyric RPG Publications
> http://www.pyric.com/