News Here’s the Scoop: Samsung Makes Mint Chocolate Chip Peripherals

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
Imagine a helpful family member spending half an hour trying to clean it ... or putting them in the dishwasher because they've read so many posts on the intarweb claiming that that would work without harming the electronics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Friesiansam

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
...sigh.... This is how you can tell when a company loses track of who they are (or rather, were). When you decide to cater to the extreme fringe elements instead of the hard-core quality freaks who raised you to the top. Toasted.

Reactions: carvedinside
Imagine a helpful family member spending half an hour trying to clean it ... or putting them in the dishwasher because they've read so many posts on the intarweb claiming that that would work without harming the electronics.

Or more accurately said family member who plugs in a dishwashed keyboard to a powered USB outlet too early before it dries out internally. I've been doing this for 20 years at least for cheaper general use keyboards between office and home general use (non-backlit, non-cherry, non-gaming, etc.). The worse thing that happens in the black plastic turns a dull dark grey due to hot water and the detergent.

Reactions: helper800

Giroro

Splendid
Mint Chocolate chip ice cream is green. These peripherals are blue.

Outside of color, they look like they will feel cheap, break easily, cost twice what they should, and be uncomfortable to use. Classic Samsung product.

Reactions: Order 66
Mint Chocolate chip ice cream is green. These peripherals are blue.

Outside of color, they look like they will feel cheap, break easily, cost twice what they should, and be uncomfortable to use. Classic Samsung product.
Mint "color" can be several shades of blue or green, but I agree with you, much too blue to me.

Matt_ogu812

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
The antics a company will do to make a buck!
That doesn't mean that if they make a 'NY Sirloin Steak' or a Maine Lobsta' keyboard I would not be tempted.
Or a Cajun Seafood Gumbo Keyboard.
The sky is the limit, which might be another good idea.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Given the number of companies that slap their name onto random products they don't manufacture themselves, not too odd.

May even have been some sort of deal where they had to agree to buy the silly stuff to get what they actually wanted (which was probably really cheap keyboards to ship with OEM hardware)