Here's a Leaked Picture of the Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
My Nexus S is very much on its last legs. I've been holding out for the 5 (snapdragon 800 is a very large boost from the S4 Pro in the N4, even though *anything* is a MASSIVE boost from my single core Cortex A8. Also the Nexus 4 throttles the processor too quick, hope that's fixed). If it's still the same 300 dollars less than other flagships that the 4 was, I'm definitely getting it. I don't really care if it continues to have a camera and battery life worse than the flagships like GS4 or 5S, screw paying 650 for a high end smartphone when the Nexii are 85% as good for half the price.

beta tester

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
I've also got an older Nexus S, so I'm looking keenly at the upcoming Nexus 5 (though we don't know if that will be its name)

I thought the Samsung Note 3 looked good, until I found out about the region blocking that Samsung put on it.

That actually makes the Nexus 5 even more appealing, because it is unlocked and unblocked. You don't get those silly hassles on a Nexus.

redeemer

Distinguished
Nexus has never been about top of the line specs, and the camera has always been garbage.

Updates updates updates, and the latest verison of Android that's what the Nexus is about.

I call a snapdragon 600, 2GB, 8MP camera, 2600mah battery!

John McGaw

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Nexus S here too. I almost bought the Nexus 4 but something came up so the sights shifted to the 5. Assuming that nothing serious comes up and that the thing will actually fit into a pocket it WILL be bought this time. It sucks that it won't have a replaceable battery (the Nexus S does and it is handy) and no accessible storage but it is still a bargain.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Are you serious? The Nexus 4 is already been around about a year, and it's still have great hardware comparing to phones today. It's got a 1.5GHz quad core, 2GB of RAM, and Adreno 320 for the GPU. It's one of the top of the line phones during that time. Plus, it's priced low comparing to other high end phones. What else do you expect?

TheinsanegamerN

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011

the 16gb will probably be $200, if the last 3 generations are any indication, and given that the 16gb version is the smallest version.

redeemer

Distinguished

The vibrate motor is a joke. I barely feel it in my pocket, doesn't even make a sound if its laying in the table.

The camera again is medicore

Battery life is bad

DAC + amplifier are mediocre

Build quality is lacking

Lacking LTE

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Now you just changed the topic. The camera isn't that terrible. Are you going to expect the camera on a phone to be as a good as one of those DSLRs? Any smartphone's battery life is bad, depending on how you use it. The Nexus 4 is already got a 2100 mAh battery, which isn't bad. Of course, if you are using your phone constantly doing hardware intensive things, any smartphone will die in matter of hours. Build quality is lacking? I call BS. For a $300 phone, you expect the phone to be made out of gold? Even the Galaxy S3 and S4 is made of of plastic, and it's priced over $600 when it was released. I do agree with you of lacking of LTE, it wasn't that the hardware does not allow LTE, google actually lock the radio of the LTE because it is not permitted by the FCC, you need their approval.

djmlikespie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
i noticed that the device on the left has white, so i suppose theres probably going to be a whit version, or there going to make it a developers edition with limited amount

djmlikespie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
the nexus is a fantastic phone certinly i think the camera could be improved. but all the amazing proccessor and great software it all comes in a affordable price. ide give this phone a 4 1/2 stars out of 5, i know it look fancyer than the iphone 5 and better than iphone so yeah.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

Wow, you are unbelievably jaded. The camera is bad relative to other smartphones. The size of the battery means squat if the phone can't use it properly. Screen time on the last few nexus phones have been abysmal. You think that the materials are cheap because of the price? Google sells the phone at cost, that's why it's cheap. The Galaxy s4 and I phones are all marked up 2-300 dollars. Don't be such a fan boy

djmlikespie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
oh i see im a fan boy huh? maybe cause tech hates u and thats y yo battery last a min but my nexus 4 last allday and i have no problem running moderncombat 4 or asphalt 8
it works bettrer than my dads iphone and the screent is way better in size and reflection, ingeneral the specs is great the camera is also great, ur never going to nedd to use greater than 8 mp

djmlikespie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
and know the price is because google is fair and dosnt need to rip people of like steve jobs or some korean company the phone is fair and google makes its own money through web rescorses

Anomandaris

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I own a Nexus 4, so I won't be buying the 5. Why change something that works great? It would be a great upgrade for those with the older ones though.
Battery life is great, as smart phones go. Of course, if you use the mobile internet while using intensive applications, its gonna die quickly - like any other smart phone. I have several friends with the S3 and iPhone 5, Lumia and they all have to charge their phones every night or they don't last the entire next day. Once you have to do that, it doesn't really matter if your phone lasts 10% more. I can't say about the S4 and the 5s but they are unlikely to be much better. Since LTE is not really a thing in my country and gonna be a thing for quite a while longer, the lack of it is not a problem. From what I've read most data plans make it pretty pointless anyway unless you are willing to pay A LOT. I have to say, the camera is inferior indeed. I was surprised how much worse it is than the S3 and the iPhone 5. To me, it is the only real con of the phone. Oh, and in my country it is not that much cheaper than the other flagships (20-30% cheaper).

Status
Not open for further replies.