News Here's How Much Custom GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Cards Could Cost

Thomas Wells

Honorable
Mar 27, 2015
And in other news you can actually buy an Apple watch today at release time BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY MADE SOME OF THEM! HELLO NVIDIA?? ANYONE THERE?? KNOCK KNOCK you were, perhaps, going to have actual video cards for your video card release?

Reactions: saltyGoat11

Prisoner #6

Prominent
Jun 12, 2020
First adopters beware. Look at the 3080 crashing problem before you buy a 3070. Some AIB partner cards may have issues. Wait for the reviewers who get the cards for free and can test the cards. If you buy a card and it has problems do to subpar specs you have been warned.

First adopters beware. Look at the 3080 crashing problem before you buy a 3070. Some AIB partner cards may have issues. Wait for the reviewers who get the cards for free and can test the cards. If you buy a card and it has problems do to subpar specs you have been warned.
The unfortunate thing is reviewers are under pressure to have day-one reviews, so they don't have a whole lot of time to exercise the card. Not to mention if they do have an issue, depending on how much time they're willing to spend, they may chalk it up to a fluke.

After all a sample size of 1 doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
One thing I want to point out to everyone trying to buy a card right now: do you need it ASAP? are you still using your old GPU that likely works just fine because if it weren't, you'd have replaced it with an older generation? If the answer to that question is no, then don't pay overprice, and don't settle for a card you wouldn't have bought otherwise. IE, don't settle for a bad AIB card, such as one that is noisy. Just wait.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
One thing I want to point out to everyone trying to buy a card right now: do you need it ASAP? are you still using your old GPU that likely works just fine because if it weren't, you'd have replaced it with an older generation? If the answer to that question is no, then don't pay overprice, and don't settle for a card you wouldn't have bought otherwise. IE, don't settle for a bad AIB card, such as one that is noisy. Just wait.
Sadly, many can't resist the FOMO.
:pfff:

ThunderJoe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Man ... nVidia may have just choked: Here they have this amazing setup and opportunity - fantastic card performance, much more palatable prices, and then they 1) under-deliver in volume, and 2) distribute cards with hardware flaws ... eeesh.

If AMD doesn't screw the pooch with the intro of their new cards, I can see them picking up a lot of pretty disgruntled nVidia users. I'm pretty tired of broken promises and lack of availability due to scalping.

I'm sure the devoted nVidia fanboys will wait patiently, hats in hand, for a trickle of supply, but AMD has just been handed an amazing opportunity.

(I do have to laugh at all the scalpers who ended up with flawed cards, though - that's pretty funny)

Last edited:

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Man ... nVidia may have just choked: Here they have this amazing setup and opportunity - fantastic card performance, much more palatable prices, and then they 1) under-deliver in volume, and 2) distribute cards with hardware flaws ... eeesh.

If AMD doesn't screw the pooch with the intro of their new cards, I can see them picking up a lot of pretty disgruntled nVidia users. I'm pretty tired of broken promises and lack of availability due to scalping.

I'm sure the devoted nVidia fanboys will wait patiently, hats in hand, for a trickle of supply, but AMD has just been handed an amazing opportunity.

(I do have to laugh at all the scalpers who ended up with flawed cards, though - that's pretty funny)

This is not a hardware flaw . it is just clock cap at 2Ghz , all what needs to be done is updating the bios so the card never reaches 2Ghz ...