Here's The Launch Trailer (And Everything You Need To Know) For 'Destiny 2' On PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the normal content like the raid is available immediately upon launch. So they don't even want to pretend and try to emulate the consoles' experience of having a week to prepare for the raid? Those are interesting choices, if true.

Kunra Zether

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
I'll be interested to see what the MOD community comes up with. The first one became very repetitive and this one seems to be more of the same. The shooter part was top notch though, probably the best or one of the best I have ever played. So I'm going to wait this one out personally and see if we can get some nice mods for it to increase the longevity of the actual game.

danlloyd06

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
There won't be MODs because it's an always online game. If they allowed cosmetic mods it would eat into their micro transactions business for selling people cosmetic items.

While true, I do expect to see a Fighting Lion grenade launcher modded to shoot exotic engrams at a rate of at least 3 per second. Calling it now.

acme64

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013

there won't be any mods.

I believe you're speaking with far too much certainty.

Never underestimate someone with the knowledge and the will. I just saw a mod developer video of a 6 or 7 player co-op session of Skyrim with pretty accurate world-state synchronization.

I'm just saying I wouldn't go any more certain than 'probably won't be any mods'.

Hopefully Activision's latest patent that deals microtransactions and multiplayer matchmaking to encourage more purchasing by fixing matches to make a purchased weapon feel even more powerful won't ever make it into Destiny 2 (or any other game for that matter, and yes I am aware of what type of microtransactions are currently on offer in D2) - Rolling Stone article

Status
Not open for further replies.