News Here's What AMD Ryzen 4000 APUs Might Cost if You Could Actually Buy Them

InvalidError

Titan
How many "DIY lovers" go to APUs as their first pick for anything beyond HTPC and maybe home server? The primary market for these things are AiOs and off-the-shelf PCs, so it makes sense that AMD would prioritize shipments to OEMs at a time where its wafer contracts are likely being stretched thin between the tightly packed PS5, Xbox, Big Navi and Zen 3 launches.

Joe Braga

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
I Want to know when AMD will launch R3 4300G, R5 4600G, R7 4700G and Athlon Lineup for DIY consumers? 400-chipsets boards compatible

GeekyOne

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Not all DIYers are gamers. Some of us just want a speedy computer capable of displaying 4k for web and mobile development. I've been holding off buying a 3700X since the 4700G would save me $170 off a "budget" GPU. I can't find any GPUs under $100 with a full height fan (no loud fans!) capable of 4k resolution. Plus integrated graphics makes DIY so much better - how many times have you wasted hours troubleshooting and swapping out components just to find out the GPU wasn't seated correctly or the PCI slot was bad, etc? The only reason I was still favoring Intel over AMD up until a year or 2 ago for my new build to replace my outdated build was that the 8700K (then 9700K, 10700K) had integrated graphics and while a bundled CPU cooler is worth $50, I'd wager integrated graphics is worth a lot more than that looking any GPU worth buying.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Not all DIYers are gamers. Some of us just want a speedy computer capable of displaying 4k for web and mobile development. I've been holding off buying a 3700X since the 4700G would save me $170 off a "budget" GPU. I can't find any GPUs under $100 with a full height fan (no loud fans!) capable of 4k resolution. Plus integrated graphics makes DIY so much better - how many times have you wasted hours troubleshooting and swapping out components just to find out the GPU wasn't seated correctly or the PCI slot was bad, etc? The only reason I was still favoring Intel over AMD up until a year or 2 ago for my new build to replace my outdated build was that the 8700K (then 9700K, 10700K) had integrated graphics and while a bundled CPU cooler is worth $50, I'd wager integrated graphics is worth a lot more than that looking any GPU worth buying.
Yes, but the fact is, people who want these are in the minority. The ultra-tiny minority.

ajr1775

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2014
I can confirm that Renoir chips are still high demand on the mobile side. Luckily I managed to score a few hundred units for my education customers in June but after that it's been very sparse. From the HP supply chain team:

"In this case, we do not have a date because the order are actually on hold (not released to the factory). The reason behind this, is that we have very limited supply for Renoir CPU, and only test orders with executive approval are being released for small quantities. Please let me know if you have further questions."