Here's What Apple Introduced During The Press Event: iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, 5K iMac, And More

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"This device measures just 6.11 mm, and it's thinner than two iPad Air tablets stacked together."

I would hope its thinner than double the last generation. I think you mean two of these stacked together are thinner than an iPad Air tablet.

Tim Read

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
"The tablet is 180 times faster than the original iPad"

Oh just shut up.

Or at least get it right - Possibly, it has 180x more processing power but that does NOT make it 180x faster...

G

@Au_equus, I seriously doubt that. MXM has max tdp of 100w I believe. So the m295x should have the same tdp as the m290x.

Supposedly AMD has had these more efficient chips for 3 months now, just waiting for existing inventory to sell out. I think the huge efficiency increase we saw with nvidia is at the greatly improved 28nm process, so AMD should have access to the same efficiency improvement.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Seems like the usual "better than last year" product release. The iPad Mini 3 in particular is very unimpressive. Seems like an iPad Mini 2 with a Touch ID. Yay?

That said, very curious about this 5K display—particularly the custom timing chip Apple designed for it. $2500 is too expensive for me... but hopefully someone will do an in-depth exploration of this new display at some point.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Not bad. As a student I'm starting to see the appeal behind the iPAD for taking notes, carrying my books and such around on it. I might go for a 32GB version just to lighten the load in school and have an all in one study solution. A bit Pricey though.

rbarnhart

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Apple is not in trouble financially, but when the current gen of zombies begin to slow their repetitive purchases and consumers become more aware of the degree to which they over pay for the whole suite of products, their naked over branding without substance may finally become more apparent to a world that is at the moment still unwilling to see it.

mrmez

Splendid
Yeah, totally agree. Like those dickheads who buy exotic sports cars, super yachts and luxury mansions.

Don't they know my Datsun Sunny on retreads can carry my dingy on the roof, all the way from my trailer to the local swamp. Yeah, pfft, morons!

rbarnhart

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

$$$ generally translates into quality except when you are paying for equivalent hardware, alternative software, and no real advantage. Apple is a capatlist wet-dream, but consumer nightmare. People need to wake-up.

atintop

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
New iPad air 2 and iPad mini 3 ,are thinner and more powerful than ever. They all now incorporate Touch ID, which allows users to unlock their iPad with a simple touch of the finger, and soon give them the opportunity to make secure purchases via Apple Pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS