News Here's What the PS5 Looks Like

Adzls

Commendable
Jun 11, 2020
Great. :rolleyes:
Almost every gaming device in my gaming area is black and to top it off, I can't place it under the TV because it won't lay flat?
Ergh.

*Edit - I "stand" corrected.:LOL: it can lay flat. Didn't see this in original photos and yes, it's important so I can fit it in my entertainment area with my PS3 & 4P. Looks like it's a go!

Last edited:

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Great. :rolleyes:
Almost every gaming device in my gaming area is black and to top it off, I can't place it under the TV because it won't lay flat?
Ergh.

Come on man. The article wasn't that long. You don't even have to know how to read to be able to look at the pictures.

m98Ts5YGfiFtKxExRZLurA-650-80.png

And while most of Sony's images show the PS5 standing tall, it does indeed also lay flat on its side, seemingly with the use of a stand.

Reactions: Adzls

JerryC

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
"The thing looks evil." --> what an utterly bizarre thing to say.

So you prefer the new xbox 'fridge'...eh?? !!
Compared to the wall torch PS5, yes, I prefer the clean look of the new Xbox. Which makes me very sad! Why did they make it so ugly?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm a 'performance first, aesthetics MEH' kinda guy, so neither console fazes me at all. They just need to deliver on the performance front.
Is the gameplay still capped to 30-60fps? That would be kinda sad if they were, considering what's rumored to be inside these machines.

Reactions: Jim90

Chainyanked

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007
Expecting (hoping for) a major leap forward … but sadly this is frankly disappointing. Gave away my Xbox, tried the PS4 ...what a terrible controller ! The performance barely reaches the level of one of my old PCs. Think I'll stick to my water cooled PC and see what the PS6 brings. Some new games but many look like revamps of old ones. Bad enough with Nintendo and Mario version 100 or Zelda No. 50 !

I'm a 'performance first, aesthetics MEH' kinda guy, so neither console fazes me at all. They just need to deliver on the performance front.
Is the gameplay still capped to 30-60fps? That would be kinda sad if they were, considering what's rumored to be inside these machines.
Pretty sure both support up to 120 fps (maybe 144 fps?) -- I know Microsoft has talked about 120 fps at least. And I'm quite sure the new Xbox will be technically faster, at least on the GPU front. I guess we need to see how the games are customized for the various hardware. It's the games that matter most, regardless.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty sure both support up to 120 fps (maybe 144 fps?) -- I know Microsoft has talked about 120 fps at least. And I'm quite sure the new Xbox will be technically faster, at least on the GPU front. I guess we need to see how the games are customized for the various hardware. It's the games that matter most, regardless.
I've been away from the console scene for some time. I wasn't sure, which is why I asked about it.

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Disclaimer: not a console person AT ALL
Aesthetics: ugh - everyone has different aesthetical preferences. IMO PS5 and Xbox Series X both look fine. I prefer the look of my PC, but that is mostly because I love my PC :)
Look, even if you are not a console person, and there is no chance that you will be buying a next-gen console (just like me), you should be excited that these are coming out. Why? Because it means that PCs will shortly be seeing similar upgrades. C'mon, y'all know how this works. Consoles get stuff first, PCs get the same tech <1 year later, and over the course of the console's lifespan, they crush the console over time (damage over time lol). You SHOULD be happy that consoles are rumoredly going to support 120-144fps, their GPU should (maybe?) be onpar with an RTX 2070S, etc. These features/performance gains will be making their way to PCs shortly. It kinda makes me happy because I know that Navi/Ampere/Zen 3 are going to be ~this good.

Giroro

Splendid
The overdesigned cheap glossy plastic makes me glad that PC cases don't look like this any more. It doesn't look cheap in the CGI render, sure, but just image what it will be like irl with the ABS sheen, flex, and smell.

Also this is the second PS5 that Sony has made that looks like a giant V (the first being the dev console). Why didn't they call it PSV?

Adzls

Commendable
Jun 11, 2020
Come on man. The article wasn't that long. You don't even have to know how to read to be able to look at the pictures.

m98Ts5YGfiFtKxExRZLurA-650-80.png
Well well. I didn't see that in the first photos. I "stand" corrected :-D
If that's the case, I am ok with it. because it will fit in my entertainment area :-D