Here's What You'll Need To Run 'Dishonored 2' On PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkguy2

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
Not a fan of Bethesda's new policy of review copies. For a studio that is known to make such great games to take such an anti-consumer policy is very disappointing and an indicator of where the industry is heading.

Pdiddy1134

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
There is nothing graphically about this game that should warrant such high recommended specs. The first one looked like garbage graphically (I liked the art style though) and so far so does this one. I smell an unoptimized port on the horizon.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
"There is nothing graphically about this game that should warrant such high recommended specs. The first one looked like garbage graphically (I liked the art style though) and so far so does this one. I smell an unoptimized port on the horizon."
The thing I find most concerning is the CPU requirement. i5 or 8-core AMD? What the hell?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Can game companies please stop partnering with Nvidia for graphical tech? Partner with AMD for gods sake..

Nvidia's closed nature means AMD/Intel hardware can't perform at its best when they're forced to use Nvidia technologies since they can't optimize - AMD's technologies are open, so all manufacturers, developers can patch/optimize as they please.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think they just make up the CPU requirements now. That discrepancy has shown up in so many titles recently. And then I see people describing adequate frame rates much lesser CPUs.

Passmark: (not ideal, but still)

i7-4770 = 9811
FX-8350 = 8940
FX-8320 = 8008
i5-2400 = 5843

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"There is nothing graphically about this game that should warrant such high recommended specs. The first one looked like garbage graphically (I liked the art style though) and so far so does this one."

They are using a completely different engine this time out---Dishonored 1 used UE3, and DX9 only, IIRC. But yeah, I was underwhelmed by the washed-out textures in the first game.

Dikyashi

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
For gods sake stop partnering with Nvidia. Nvidia Partnered games are a hit or a miss and most of the time its a miss due to Shady nature of Gamework technology.Even Watchdogs shifted to AMD technology after its disaster with Gameworks.Also why the hell does this game recommend 16gb ram when its graphically not that taxing??.Minimum should be 6gb ram and recommendation should be 8gb.I somehow get the vibe of badly optimized port with this game.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008

Its not necessarily Gameworks---Mankind Divided was AMD GE, and it was terribly performing at launch, especially considering the rather blah graphics. With the latest patches and DX12 mgpu, it runs solid with 4x MSAA on my SLI 1080s, but still, the dated looking graphics make you wonder where all that horsepower is going.

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009

I never really understand this complaint. What is anti-consumer about this policy? Yes, some companies use it to hide the fact they made a s#&* game until the day before release (AC Unity), but a lot of companies do it because they don't want people revealing the story early. Either way, you can avoid this by not pre-ordering/buying day one. If the game has serious issues, you'll hear about it before you get off work Friday.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
"I never really understand this complaint. What is anti-consumer about this policy? Yes, some companies use it to hide the fact they made a s#&* game until the day before release (AC Unity), but a lot of companies do it because they don't want people revealing the story early. Either way, you can avoid this by not pre-ordering/buying day one. If the game has serious issues, you'll hear about it before you get off work Friday."

That's what we have NDA agreements for. Don't want a reviewer spoiling that Dishonored 2 was all a dream in Corvo's head? Simple, just put in a stipulation that plot elements from "x" forward can't be discussed until a certain time.

And let's not kid ourselves here: This is Bethesda. This is here exclusively because of the fact they don't want to get called out for their technical issues.

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009

Cause NDAs never get broken... They probably just want to continue to make updates to the game right up till release.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Why is removing early review copies from reviewers a bad thing? People are already stressed with deadlines they have to meet to release a score by day 1 or 2 of release date. Even then, the review in indicative of a copy of the game that hasn't even come out yet. Plus, a lot of companies release day 1 patches so throw that into the equation (sadly since this wasn't a trend in the early 2000s).

Status
Not open for further replies.